[29]

With the help of Lorenzo, we managed to get permission to take Dom home. Lorenzo has a doctor in his crew who will stay at the house to help look after him, and I, of course, volunteered to stay with him as well.

It's been an hour since we arrived home, and most of Lorenzo's crew are already here, including Riccardo and now Bex who is now in the know about everything.

"Your parents are here," Lorenzo says as the sound of the gate buzz

I make my way to the door and open it, watching as they drive up. The second dad parks the car mum jumps out and runs to me, throwing her arms around me when she reaches me

"My baby, are you okay?" She cries as she holds me

"I'm okay mum, I promise." I hold her close and pull back "don't cry, I'm okay, really, it's Dom you should be worried about."

Dad and the rest of the gang make their way inside to see Dom and I give everyone a hug on there way in, glad to see them all again even though it's only been a few weeks.

As always Layla is the last to get out of the car. She makes her way up and wraps her arms around me. "I hear Dom took a bullet for you"

"He did." I pull back from the hug "he's upstairs if you want to say hello."

"They let him out already?"

"Lorenzo has a Doctor here to take care of him."

"Is that my girls' voice I hear?" Franco grins as he makes his way out the door.

Layla runs to him and he picks her up spinning her around. "Hey sexy."

"Hey yourself" he smiles and presses his lips to hers

I raise a brow as they proceed to make-out on the veranda "okay, didn't know you two were a thing." I drag out the O and head inside once more.

Most of the night is spend planning different ways to find out who these people are and what they want with us. We know the reason they're after us is because we took part in helping the Ricci's, but why did they go after the Ricci's in the first place?

With a warm cocoa in my hand I make my way out the back and look out at the stary night sky, I rack my brain trying to think of any little detail I can that might help them, but I have nothing, I didn't see his face, and the van had no number plates. 

"You okay sweetheart?" Dad speaks from behind me

I jump and spill some of my cocoa on my hand "shoot." I yell and wipe it off quickly

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, do you need some ice?

"No it's fine, sorry I'm just a little jumpy tonight."

"You have nothing to be afraid of Alena, we're always going to protect you, us, the Ricci's, Dom."

"Dad there is something I've been wanting to talk to you about."

"Should I be worried?"

"It's about Dom and I, we're actually together and we have been for some time now."