【76】Andrea's Secret

To my great satisfaction, my late-night phone call with Lex had initiated a need to communicate, and we now spent a lot of time texting each other

To my great satisfaction, my late-night phone call with Lex had initiated a need to communicate, and we now spent a lot of time texting each other. Our odd situation, this relationship we didn't want to call one, was slowly shifting into something more. It wasn't just about the sex anymore. We enjoyed each other's company for more than the physical aspect of it. Both of us sought the meaningful, nerdy, or personal conversations we shared.

Back in high school, I'd never had a lovey-dovey phase, so I'd never felt the need to keep in touch with someone as much as this. I sure felt like a teenager with a crush, jumping on my phone every time it made a sound, giggling at Lex's texts, eagerly answering... At first, I'd tried not to respond too fast, worried I'd pass as too clingy, but Lex was always so quick to text back, I had dismissed my concerns and did things as I pleased.

I learned a lot about him with those texts. Not being physically together was ridding us of the insane sexual tension, the need to touch one another, which always ended in us having sex. So for once, we were able to talk without being interrupted by naughty needs. Well, the needs were still there, but we didn't act on them.

On Saturday afternoon, Tammy and I went downtown to run a few errands. She had some administrative things to take care of, and a watch to drop off at the jeweler to have it repaired.

After my car had originally broken down, I had hesitated for a while about what to do with it. The mechanic's insistence had forced me to make a choice, and I'd gotten it repaired. With what it had cost me, I could have easily bought a pre-owned car in a better state. But I was glad to still have my old and rusty companion with me.

On Sunday, we went to the mall for some shopping. Tamika also had an appointment there with a hairdresser she'd found on Instagram. They were incredible with African American hair, which apparently was a rare commodity. After three hours of shopping, during which I barely bought anything, we dropped all of our bags into the car and went back in.

I accompanied Tamika to the salon to serve as a translator. She used some pictures to illustrate what she wanted, and I clarified whatever might be unclear.

The day before, I had helped her decide on what she would ask for, and I couldn't wait to see the result. She was getting some caramel highlights, a reshape of her hair, and deep care to revive her tight curls. The woman taking care of her told me it should take around two hours, and I left them to go find a distraction.

After a moment of walking around aimlessly, eating a pretzel I had impulsively bought, I stumbled upon a Victoria's Secret outlet. I looked at the mannequins in the storefront, at the beautiful apparel, the fine lace, and the gorgeous colors. I remembered how Lex had enjoyed my red lingerie, and I wondered if I should get more of that stuff. The bulk of my underwear was pretty basic, and I didn't have many sexy pieces. I hesitated for a few seconds and then noticed the "SALE" written in big red letters on the glass. Well, that settles it.