Chapter Sixty-Two: Watching Memories Flicker Past

"To live is the rarest thing in the world

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

― Oscar Wilde

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wanna extract their memories and invoke pain and horror in their souls?" I ask Tom. He gives me a weirded-out look before he actually stops to think about it.

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea." He nods, making me grin evilly. "You know... I'm just about almost certain you are as psychotic as me." He scoffs and I shake my head.

"Nah, I'm so psychotic even you can't keep up."

Tom harrumphs at that. "I highly doubt that, Dumbledore."

"I call Grindelwald's woman." I raise my hand like I was in a classroom. Tom shrugs.

"Fine. I'll hurt this man then." He muses like it was an everyday topic.

"Why New York?" I ask as I move my chair in front of the woman with red hair.

"I've always wanted to see it." He shrugs. I give him a confused look.

"Alright Riddle." I chuckle. "Let me know when you find something interesting." I wink at him. He glares at me.

I look at the woman, staring at her silently. I knew small grey eyes hid behind her purplish eyelids. I envision those eyes and then mutter the spell under my breath. I'm sucked into her mind in seconds.

It was pitch black.

Not surprising.

She was currently knocked out cold, so I expected to not see anything immediately. I dive deeper into her mind. I hear her start to thrash around in her chair. I keep my hold on her, making her thrash harder.

Visions and memories fill my mind.

"What do you mean you want me to follow the kids? I have much better things to do with my time!" She shrieks and then the blonde bitch from the Black Circle walks up, red heels clicking.