20

••••••

••••••

I knew being apart of this supernatural world would make me lose a lot of people I care about... and I have. But, sometimes I can't handle that pressure and the sadness that comes with it. It becomes unbearable.

I waited nine months for my child to breathe through her lungs and just like that, she was gone. I thought Damon could be invincible to anything thrown at him, hell he even beat the original family. Bonnie's incredibly powerful, I never thought I'd lose her this soon as well.

So much as happened in the last few months to the point where I couldn't control my emotions and recently it got to the best of me.

A presence sinks down at the edge of the bed I am currently laying on, holding their hand out and gently caressing my arm. My eyes stare blankly at brick wall in front of me. I couldn't see who sat down next to me since my back was facing them, but I knew who it was.

"How... how are you feeling?" his voice laces with concern and his hands continue to rub up and down my arm. My heart pings with hurt and guilt at that question yet I made no response, still looking straight ahead with no movement.

A week. A week I've laid in this bed doing precisely nothing. Soon after learning about my closest's friends deaths, I've turned back to my old ways. Just like when my parents died.

I wouldn't leave my room, wouldn't touch any meal Aunt Jenna made, and simply ignored everything Elena or Jeremy had to say at the time.

When I had to give away my child, I quickly realized I was going back to relapse and that's when I turned to Klaus... trying to push it away. Damon and Bonnie's triggered everything I tried to avoid. To avoid that dark feeling. Now, I'm stuck.

"Say something, Maya. Anything."

I knew Klaus' intentions were true. He wants nothing more than to see me back to my old self, but I just can't get out of my current state at this second. I know he's trying and that's what matters most to me.

Once again, there's no movement on my mouth nor my body. Klaus gets up from the bed with a sigh and I hear his footsteps slowly fade away to the door.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, closing my eyes for a moment and listen for a halt in his footsteps and a gasp that comes out of his lips.

"Don't apologize for being human, sweetheart," he whispers softly, "that alone makes you the strongest person I know."

Another sound of footsteps enter the room. "Is she okay?" I hear Hayley's voice mutter to Klaus. "She's better," he simply responds.