10 | s i l v e r e y e s

{I} woke up with a start in bed, my eyes feeling like they've been glued shut for millennia.

"Ow, ow, ow." a boy with sliver eyes muttered as he stretched his back, presumably from sitting on a chair for too long. 

"What happened?" I muttered, my mouth feeling dry from not speaking for so long.

His eyes widened, and he scrambled to my bed. "Potter, are you okay?"

"Draco?" I squinted, trying to get used to the bright sunlight. It seemed to be early morning.

"Why the hell were you down there?" He asked, and added more quietly, "You could have died." 

"But I didn't." I smiled, sitting up slowly and rubbing my face. Draco handed me a wet towel to wash my face with.

"Potter." Draco said seriously, his face a little too close to mine. His hair was messy, something he could barely tolerate. I could make out each eyelash framing his gorgeous silver eyes, every wrinkle of worry stemming from his eyebrows to the corners of his mouth, and the soft pink blush of his cheeks that gave him color. "I was really worried."

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. It was a rare occasion where Lexi Potter had nothing to say.

Draco stared for a moment more, until his eyes darted to my lips. He started to move forward, excruciatingly slowly, his eyes locked in mine, and I didn't know if I wanted to pull back.

Someone cleared their throat across the room making us jump back from each other.

"If you could step away from my sister," Harry announced, annoyance slipping into his voice.

Draco started to slide back hesitantly, scowling, until I grabbed his arm.

"Why? I want to hug my best friend."

Draco's face broke into a boyish grin as I pulled him into a hug, my heart beating a beat too fast.

"You okay, Potter?" he whispered into my ear, and I pulled him even closer, digging my face into his shoulder. It was like that spot was reserved for me, and at the moment, it felt like the safest place in the world.

"Yeah, I think so." I said, taking in a breath of his calming scent. "Change your cologne?"

He chuckled, rubbing my back comfortingly, like he always did. "I knew you'd recognize it."

Harry grumbled to himself, "I can hear you. Do you smell each other often?"

"Close your ears," I shrugged, inviting Draco to sit next to me on the bed. 

He reached over to the bedside table and pulled something out of a huge basket. He blushed as I looked to him questionably, "Mum sent it."

Draco offered me a chocolate frog to munch on, and I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes as he told me what I had missed. 

An hour had passed, and I realized I had fallen asleep, yet again with Draco. My mind was foggy, and I could hear the sound of Harry and Draco bantering back and forth. 

"Shut up, Malfoy, she's going to wake up." I heard Harry's voice. 

"Jealous she's with me instead of you?" Draco retorted.

"Please, she has a crush on Diggory! You don't stand a chance."

Draco was quiet for a moment, "But if, if she chooses me. Will you be okay with that?"

Harry was silent. I almost thought he wasn't going to answer. "Maybe."

"I'll take that, I guess." Draco said, and I felt him readjust the blanket carefully, so that it was higher up. 

I woke up, for real this time, and found Draco asleep next to me, his head leaned on mine. I tried to remember what had happened, but I couldn't remember anything except that Harry and Draco were arguing again. 

I took Draco's head and gently rested it on a pillow. The poor boy had circles under his eyes, no doubt from staying up because of me. Thank Merlin he was finally getting rest. 

I took the book he was reading and continued from the page he had left off. 

--

"Lexi!" The door slammed open as a boy in yellow rushed in, out of breath.

"Cedric?" I asked, and my heart did a little thump as our eyes met. What was wrong with my stupid heart?

"Thank Merlin you're okay." He said, taking only three long strides to engulf me in his arms.

"Yeah, well how long was I out?" I hoped Cedric wouldn't feel the dampness of my hands and my breathing a tad irregular. But was it because of him— or Draco?

"Two days." Draco said, his lips jutting out in a pout, "From stress and such."

"Two days is way too long to be in one place." I said, standing up, but realizing I was still a bit lightheaded.

Both Draco and Cedric took either arm and steadied me, glancing at each other.

"I'll walk you." They said at the same time.

"We're in the same dorm room, Puff." Draco said, pulling me closer to him and glaring at his hand on my arm.

"Well it's up to Lexi, isn't it?" Cedric asked, looking at me expectantly.

"Huh?" I asked,

"Jeez, I'll walk her." Harry said, cutting between them. "Let's go, Sis."

"Yeah, I guess." I said, my mind fixated on talking to Dumbledore. Or Snape. 

Harry and I walked together in silence, both lost deep in thought. 

"Do you like either of them?" He asked suddenly.

"Like who?"

"Cedric, I can approve. He's a bit old for you, though." Harry said, "Draco... would definitely not be my first choice, but if you insist..."

"What the hell are you going on about?"

"Never mind, you'll know when you know." Harry rolled his eyes, "But, I'm rooting for Cedric."

"Wait, I need to go talk to Snape. Catch you at dinner?" I asked, ignoring what he said for now.

"Yeah, of course," Harry paused, "You sure we don't have to talk about anything?"

"I'm sure."

"I love you, you know that?" He said, as Harry was always more emotionally expressive. I, on the other hand, never really said the words, I love you. I don't know why, it just never came naturally to me. There were a million ways I could show it, but I haven't even said the words to Remus recently. 

I nodded, biting my lip and not being able to meet Harry's eyes. 

He turned to walk to his dorm room, and I made a quick decision. "Harry?"

"Yeah?" He turned around. 

"I love you, too." I smiled, and we went our separate ways. For the first time in weeks, it felt as if I had a huge burden off my chest.

I knocked on Snape's door, and he greeted with the same, "Come in." as he always did. 

"Miss Potter." Snape said, surprised. We had spent enough time together for me to differentiate the different emotions on his face. 

"Hello, Professor." I said, smirking. "Miss me?