15. Painful

I'm so happy, this story has reached it's 50K reading mark & 2K votes mark, along woth #22 on Chicklit & #77 on Humor! :D

********************************************************

CHAPTER - 15

LOVE IS... PAINFUL

'Love is the most beautiful thing to have, hardest thing to earn and most painful thing to lose.'

"I don't know what you are talking about." I tried to play the fool here. I could give it a shot, couldn't I? Maybe Ashton would let it go and never bother me by asking questions about Nolan.

He rolled his eyes, clearly not believing me and said, "You very well know that I'm talking about your 'boyfriend' Nolan and the very pregnant girl with him, who I'm quite sure was not his sister."

"So you were pretending?" I asked him with raised eyebrows in a low voice.

Smirking, he told me, "I am an expert at pretending, Liana."

Grimacing at him, I told him, "My sob story is not that interesting."

"I am all ears."

Honestly, I felt like I owed telling the truth to him. I had lied to him about my relationship status. He had caught my lies and maybe, now was the time for me to tell him everything. "It's a long story," I mumbled, feeling a bit uneasy as I recalled that night and prepared myself to talk about it with Ashton.

"I am all ears, Liana," he repeated.

"Maybe we should get some alcohol and drink that incident down," I suggested weakly as I knew that I didn't have the courage to use my vocal chords to voice out everything that had happened that night. Maybe some alcohol would help in slurring out everything from my system. It was a different matter that alcohol and I never got along. I had never actually liked alcohol and the last time I had dared to get it mixed up with my blood had been a night that I couldn't recall at all.

Laughing lightly, he shook his head and declined my offer. "I'm interested in hearing this from a sober Liana."

"How about some coffee?" I tried again to delay the story telling and coffee always helped.

He let out a loud breath and hissed, "You had one hardly half an hour back."

I grimaced, again and started, "I didn't lie to you when I told you that Nolan and I had been dating since last six years. We met in University and for me it was a huge crush at first sight." As expected, Ashton rolled his eyes at me which made me chuckle at his actions. Like this I started telling him roughly about Nolan and my happy relationship. I told him the important events, the events that mattered because knowing Ashton, he lacked the patience of a good listener and I really doubted that he would be interested in the little details. At last, I reached the night that changed everything...

#******#

'Today William and Lily are eighty two and seventy eight year young, respectively, and out of these years of their lives they have spent sixty three years together, knowing each other, seeing their kids and grandkids grow, watching the buildings around them change structures immensely, seen the government and laws change, the world changed but what didn't change is their love for each other. In the one week that I spent with them, I witnessed them irritate each other to the core, I saw them fighting over little issue and I watched as Lily got upset from William over his annoying habit of not keeping things at their proper places. But then I, also, witnessed the joy they had while irritating the other, the care that was hidden in those silly fights and the smile that William made sure would spread on Lily's face after being upset with him. They showed that love is not about the excitement that we feel in the first few months of a relationship. They proved that love is all about being with your partner even after knowing all of their flaws and being completely okay with them. Love is about being together through the many thins and thick. Love is..."