Chapter 6

Adalee's POV

I don't know why I keep having these dreams of this beautiful mermaid, or why I continue to fall asleep at the platform. Every time I wake up, I'm completely dry.

I think back on my dream; me getting pulled under the water and getting my nose fixed by the girl with flowing dark brown hair and sea-green eyes. I remember the pain in my nose, and the questions I asked her.

What does 'whatever you want me to be' mean? How does my mind come up with this stuff?

Thanking my past self for cooking breakfast before going out to the platform, I walk back into the house, trying to avoid the kitchen. I don't want my dad to know about the platform, it's the only place where I can find peace.

Making it up the stairs without being caught, I make my way to my room.

My room is simple, having white walls and a white bed. The only thing that makes it unique is my drawings that are on the walls.

I'm an artist, I sketch using pencils and charcoals, my walls being covered in the black and white drawings. I use those materials because they are the cheapest, and I can use them without getting in trouble.

I wish I was allowed to paint, but the materials are too expensive. My dad would never let me get them, but I used to dream about painting landscapes. To paint the beautiful ocean that I see out my window.

Sitting by the window, it has a padded window seat. I don't know what they are called.

Admiring the view, I realize this will never get old. This view is so amazing, and my imagination has all the time to run wild.

Thinking about my dreams, my brain focuses on the girl in them. Her stunning golden tail, with some scales that are a shimmering silver, her chest covered in the same scales.

Her hair having multiple intricate braids that remind me of a crown. She looks so regal in my dreams, like a queen.

Could she be real? My nose was crooked this morning, and now it's straight. My nose is still slightly sore, but it hurts less. How did that happen if that wasn't real?

Wondering what is really going on, I decide I will do whatever it takes to find out the truth.