Chapter Eleven

~Pietro's POV~

I kissed her. Twice.

I was in a haze of pure bliss, my entire body lifted with a happiness I hadn't felt before. My stomach was torn with butterflies and the insistent pounding of my heart made me worry that Eliza would hear it beating against my chest.

But she was in a swirling mess herself. Her eyes were glazed, lips plump from our sudden meeting, and cheeks rosy from the heat between us. She glanced up at me, and with a slight frown on her eyebrows, promptly hit my chest. "No need to look so smug Pietro."

I shrugged, "I just kissed the prettiest girl in the world and you want me to not look like that's the best thing in the world?"

Her cheeks flared red, and she playfully huffed, flicking her hair over her shoulder as she stared away from me, down the hall.

"I like you Eliza." I whispered into her ear, feeling her skin prickling as I rested my hand on her arm.

She pushed me away with a wide grin, "I like you too."

"And we're doing this?" I confirmed, repeating what she'd said moments ago. "You really want to do this?"

"Define this." She murmured, entwining her fingers around my own as she leant back on the wall, her eyes fixed on mine.

"I want to take you on a date." I stated confidently. "I want to shower you with my adoration, my love." I leant down to press a peck of my lips to the very tip of her nose.

She laughed softly, the sound music to my ears as she beamed at me, her eyes sparkling as the light from above us hit them. "I'd like that Pietro."

"Good." I leant down again, capturing her lips with my own. Her arms were quick to wrap around my shoulders, pulling me lower to her height as she kissed me back.

I hugged her close, her body fitting beside mine as we drew back, flushed and happy in our own little bubble. "Get ready."

Her smile dropped into shock. "What?"

"For our date. Come on Eliza, I want to take you out."

"Right now?" She almost stumbled over the words as she asked for clarification.

I nodded. "I have wanted to do this for some time, my love. I want to take you out."

Her hand lifted to hide her pink cheeks as she looked around. "Well where are we going? What do you want me to wear? How long will be out? Are we staying indoors or-?"

"Outdoors, the weathers fine. No money. Now come on." I tapped her shoulder with a smile as she grinned back. Her arms wrapped around my waist, and her head lazily rested on my chest as I took a deep breath, the scent of her soft shampoo filling my senses.

"Fifteen minutes." I smiled into her hair.

She leant back, "that's plenty of time."

She lied.

***

~Eliza's POV~

It had been thirteen and a half minutes since Pietro had asked me on our first official date, and I was stood, only just dressed, in the middle of my room growing more frustrated with the state of my hair.

I'd fumbled with buns, plaits and ponytails for so long that my hair now felt greasy, and I'd already added in dry shampoo to try and lift it up a little.

It was beginning to look alright, and I gently ran my fingers through it to find three large knots. I turned around, picked up the brush from my bed, and brushed the knots away.