04

[4]

HARRY

7:30 am, the clock dinged before it made a loud crash as it made contact with the cold marble floor from being aggressively thrown.

Hadrian Potter put his glasses carefully unto the bridge of his nose before sitting upon his bed. Feeling a little dazed, he quickly grabbed his wand and a pair of jeans before racing out of his room. He sped to the bathroom pushing open the door with his body, accidentally hitting his chest to the doorknob which was still slightly tilted from the last time he bumped into it. He was quickly welcomed by his calm younger brother Henry's sarcastic smile, who had been brushing his teeth while humming the new 'Devil Snare' (a music band that particularly annoys Hadrian) song.

"Morning," Hadrian said brightly with a broad smile. He threw his pants on quickly after the awkward moment as it was clear from his younger brother's expression that his half nudity was not appreciated.

"Morning brother," Henry said, returning a rather fake smile that he had grown used to having on his face from his familiarity with publicity. "Get ready soon. Professor Wicks is coming at nine today."

He then spat out his toothpaste rather aggressively before quickly rinsing his mouth and leaving. Additionally noted that he did not forget to slam the door.

Hadrian sighed. He was very sleepy, and he remembered that something important was happening today, but he didn't remember exactly what. It was incredibly frustrating, and it didn't help that Hadrian could still not master the exploding charm that he was taught last week. It meant that Professor Wicks is going to scold him and then tell his parents. Next, his parents will scold him and then give him another lecture about how perfect his younger brother, Henry, is.

Hadrian shrugged before starting to wash.

When he came out of the bathroom, he quickly scanned the clock on the wall, 8:00 am, a little later than his liking. He hurried into his room, took out some food from his bedside draw for his brown owl that stood patiently on his windowsill.

"Oh you've got a letter! I bet it's from Pers. What do you think Birch?" Hadrian muttered excitedly taking the letter from the owl's beak before giving it some food. "Did Nyx give this to you?"

He ripped open the letter showing the delicate parchment with a familiar emblem of a snake.

He beamed, that's what he forgot, Persephone's letter was bound to arrive, taking the parchment out of the envelope and hurriedly unfolded it.

Dear Hadrian,

I hope you've been well. I am back for Christmas. Life is back to normal. Meet up same place 22nd.

Try this: conjunctivitis (it gives a pink eye, great for your brother)

Counter curse: prior incantato

Make sure wand movement is fast and small.

And for the exploding charm, accentuate on the second beat and please don't do that low minded triangular movement, do a downward c shape.

Piss Henry off,

Pers

It was a short letter, but it brought a big smile onto Hadrian's face. He tucked the letter into a delicate box in which he kept all of Persephone's letters, closed the lock carefully and checked to see if he made any marks. Satisfied with the box's flawlessness, he uncharacteristically placed the box neatly back to where it was before.