Chapter 6

(Peter's P.O.V)

It was the end of the week, and I was back in the lab with Mr Stark, working on his suit.

My phone buzzes and I place my tools down and pull my phone out, seeing a message from Aunt May I read it:

Aunt May
Hey Petey, I know you're at your internship, so I wanted to let you know I have to cover more shifts this weekend so I won't be around, there is money on in your room for take out. I'm sorry Peter, I know this keeps happening.

I sigh when I see what she said, I understand why she does it, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Peter

It's okay, I understand. Stay safe Aunt May, I larb you.

Aunt May
I larb you too.

I place my phone down and Mr Stark looks at me. He seems to see that I'm upset as he places his tools down.

"What's got you so down kiddo?" He asks me.

I sigh again, knowing Mr Stark already knows about my parents and Uncle and Aunt.

"It's just May. She has to work all weekend again." I say dejectedly.

"Well Petey, why don't you just stay here on the weekends, it means we can work more, and i'm more than happy to have you here. And i know the others love having you around as well." Mr Stark says to me. 

I look at him starstruck and say, "Really, because i don't wanna burden any of you."

Mr Stark frowns and says, "Kid. You could never be a burden to anyone of us. Never. So it's settled, you can stay here this weekend, and every other weekend if your aunt is working. And before you say, you can borrow some clothes, okay?"

He gives me a look telling me to not even fight it and i nod, saying "Thanks Mr Stark."

He smiles, obviously happy that he got what he wanted. 

I know that this weekend i won't be able to patrol, or at least not for long, but i think i can have a little break. 

-

A few hours pass, before Mr Stark says we can go up to the common room and watch a movie until dinner. 

I smile and jump up, already ready to go. 

"Alright, slow down Pete." Mr Stark says, making me stop and wait for him. 

He slings his arm over my shoulder and we walk out into the elevator. 

"What film you wanna watch?" He asks me. 

A smile erupts across my face as i turn to him and give him my puppy eyes, saying, "Star wars?"

He sighs and says, "We always watch that,  but okay." 

-

When the doors open to the elevator, everyone looks to us. 

I smile widely, as everyone smiles back and says hello.