Chapter 12

(Peter's P.O.V)

"Bye May. I larb you." I say as i grab my backpack full of clothes, because it's Friday and i'm going to the tower. 

Aunt May smiles and kisses my head saying, "I larb you too. Have fun"

I wave goodbye as i climb into the sleek back car. Happy up front. 

"Hey Happy. How are you?" I ask, but i get no reply as the glass slides up separating us. 

I sigh but shake it off and look out the window as i watch the city pass by in a blur. A twinge of something i can't quite place goes off in my head, but i ignore it and carry on looking outside. 

-

As the car comes to a halt i grab my backpack and open the door, i swing my bag onto my back as i look at the tower. 

"Thank you Happy." I say, gaining a huff of recognition. 

 As i step into the tower i wave happily to the receptionist, and she waves back with a smile. I climb into the private elevator, badge in hand. 

"Hey FRI, do you know where Tony is?" I ask as the door slide shut. 

'Hello Peter, boss is in hid lab. Would you like me to take you to him.' She asks. 

I think then reply, "Can you take me to the common room please?"

'Of course Peter.' She says as the elevator starts to move up. 

The doors slide open revealing the sofa and TV, a show playing and chatter from the kitchen. Clint and Nat who are watching the show turn around and smile when they see me. 

"Hey Pete. Any issue from that Flash?" Nat asks, a slight glint in her eyes. 

I shake my head and reply with a no. After i had told Tony, something had obviously happend as Flash doesn't even dare to look in my direction. And i am honestly so happy about that. 

As i start to walk to my room i walk past the kitchen where Steve and Bucky both look up. 

"Hey guys." I say to them. 

"Hey Pete." Bucky says ruffling my hair with his metal hand. I am still yet to get over how cool it is. 

"Hey kid. Pizza good tonight?" Steve asks me. 

I smile brightly and nod a million miles an hour replying, "Pizza is the best creation ever."

Both seem happy with my answer as i go to my room and drop my bag onto my bed. I then head to the lab. 

-

As soon as i walk in AC/DC blares from the speaker around me. I wince slightly as it sounds much louder with my super hearing. 

Before i can even do anything the music is shut off, thankfully saving me from the pain. 

"FRIDAY why did you-" Tony begins but cuts off when he sees me. 

He smiles and says, "Oh hey Petey."

"Hi Tony. What you doing?" I ask as i walk toward him. 

"Working on the suit. I'm trying to get the calibration right on the hands to make it less robotic and more human." (ughh i don't knowwww) He says as he points at the two gauntlets sat on the table. 

"Do you want me to help." I question as i look down at his work. 

He smiles and says "Yes please."

-

After a while of working on the suit we both get called to dinner. I smile widely as i see pizza on plates. 

Halfway through eating my phone starts to ring and the twinge of something in my head comes back. I frown and pick it up seeing it's a number i don't know.

I look at Tony and he nods. I walk into the living room and answer. 

"Hello is this Peter Parker. Relative of May Parker." the person says. 

I feel my heart drop and pick up pace as my hands shake slightly. 

"Yeah that's me. Is everything okay?" I ask, unable to stop the waver in my voice. 

"I'm afraid not sir. Sadly she was hit by a car, we tried everything we could but sadly she didn't make it." The person says. 

My hand drops the phone, it clatters to the floor and everyone turns their attention from the kitchen to me. 

Tears stream down my face as everything starts to spin. Thoughts consume me as i try to wrap my head around what happend. 

I drop to the floor along with my phone and sob. 

-

-

-

A/N- It had to happen. 

- M xx