complications (requested)

All you could focus on was the pain you felt and Hailee's hand in yours. She kept leaning down, whispering softly in your ear, encouraging you and reminding you that you could do it.

The day had finally come for your little girl to be born. And although you knew the experience wouldn't be peachy, you never imagined that the pain would be this bad.

You kept going, wanting to do everything you could for it to be over already. But black spots started to cloud your vision and your head felt heavy.

You put it back against the pillow and tried to catch your breath. "I'm too tired," you mumbled as you started to loosen your grip on Hailee's hand.

She shook her head and tried to encourage you again, but her voice sounded far away. Her lips were right against your ear but it didn't feel like it. You mumbled something about being dizzy before you passed out, causing Hailee and the doctors to panic.

Hailee looked down and saw the blood covering your thighs and the sheet underneath you. She knew there was gonna be blood, it was normal. But to bleed this much definitely wasn't normal.

The nurses started to push her out of the room. Everything was happening so fast she couldn't believe it.

She heard the commotion in the room. She could hear the doctor shouting out things to the nurses and when she saw even more blood than before she had to turn away. She had tears streaming down her face. She tried to cover her ears because everything became too overwhelming.

A few minutes later the door opened and a nurse came out. "Hailee?"

Hailee nodded her head, glancing behind the nurse to try to look into the room.

"Your girlfriend had some excessive bleeding but she's doing okay now and so is your little girl." She sighed out in relief. "Can I see them?" The nurse smiled at her and opened the door to the room and Hailee almost fell to her knees at the sight.

There you laid on the bed with your daughter against your chest, cooing to her as she whimpered occasionally. "Y/n?" You looked over at her and smiled widely. "Come here," you waved her over, your other hand remaining on your newborn's warm skin.

Hailee knelt by you on the bed and a tear slid down her cheek when her daughter's eyes, identical to hers, landed right on her. She reached out and ran her finger across her arm before touching her hand. "She's so perfect." She said and kissed your head.

"I'm so happy you're both okay. I love you both," she had never felt so much love and happiness in her life.

None of her accomplishments before this moment could ever compare to this. "We love you too," you said as you looked between both of your girls. In that very moment, you knew everything you had just gone through was completely worth it.

You were ready for a lifetime of happiness and love to come.