Chapter 18

(Peter's P.O.V)

After not going on patrol last night i decided to go tonight. I smile as the air whips around me and the building fly by. Even just missing one day of it made me feel a little bad, worrying that maybe something bad might of happened and i wasn't there to stop them. 

-

After a few hours of stopping crime and helping people i take a rest on the top of a building. 

If only i knew how bad of an idea that was. 

My senses start ringing, louder and harsher than i have heard in a long time. 

I stand up, and get ready to fight. My heart sinking as i know who is coming, i just wish they would stop. It's like they know to come when i have been patrolling for a while because i'm more tired. I can already feel the exhaustion slip into my bones, making my movements a little sluggish. 

Dad/Iron man lands on the roof, cracks all around him from the harsh impact. I flinch slightly knowing he is angry. 

His mask falls away and i can see his stone cold face, which is normally happy when he looks at me. But then again, he doesn't know it's me. 

"We have given you enough warnings spider. And you still haven't given it to us. So i'm sorry. Avengers, assemble." He says looking at me. 

As soon as he lets the words out, his mask goes over him and things are flying at me. 

I dodge an arrow, only to have a bullet lodge itself into my shoulder. I stumble back slightly and am suddenly falling back down the the roof. As i land i feel my ribs crack from the fall. I roll over just as i shield is slammed down, only just missing my chest. 

I jump onto my feet, wincing a little as my shoulder and ribs throb. Before i have time to move a repulsor blast is sent into my chest. I fly backwards trying to web to something to stop me from hitting the wall behind me. When nothing connects, i feel the impact of the wall behind me, and my head hit the wall. 

I groan as i see everyone coming towards me. 

I look off to the side and see i'm next to the edge of the building. I grimace and throw myself over the edge. 

I can hear shouts but ignore it as i shoot a web out and start swinging. But then a orange glow is around me and i'm falling yet again. This time from higher up. 

I panic as i try to connect a web to anything but nothing happens. I see the roof i'm heading for is cracked and seems unstable. 

The impact blows the air out of me and my head is hit against it, but then i'm falling again. I can feel pain rip through my abdomen and more shouts. 

My ears ring and everything hurts. I feel myself drifting away as i see the blurry figure of my dad in front of me. 

I shut my eyes as i feel my mask being removed and i slip into the darkness. 

-

-

-

A/N- I can sense the ending is nye. 

- M xx