Chapter 21: You Are In Love

'Sometimes we get on a fire.

Sometimes we stop it like rain.

Sometimes when I think that is over, over.

You wave a white flag again.

We fall out then we fall back in.

We're always back where we begin.

Everybody hurts just a little too much.

Everybody hurts but it's never enough.

It's wonderful to fall.

Let's love and risk it all.

I'd rather love just a little too much.'

**********

Chapter 21

Gloss Kaiser Schlund

You Are In Love

My head is spinning as my eyes flutter to open. The headache is making me groan. It hurts like hell. The party last night was so fun and wild. When I look at the clock, it's already 5:43pm. Shit. I've been sleeping for, like, almost a day. It's raining, and it isn't helping on my condition. My room is a mess. My clothes I've used last night are scattered on the floor. I'm only in my boxer. I think of last night's event, and just by thinking is making my headache even worser. Mom and Richard are on a business trip again. For 4 days. Richard gave me a $300 money. I didn't ask for it. Mom said take care and not to throw a party in the house.

My eyes travel to the rain pouring outside. And my mind flashes an image of Dad and I playing in the rain. I was 9 years old and we were playing 'catch me if you can'. We were so happy that day even mom couldn't make us get out of the rain. Mom went mad at us, said that we could catch a cold and be sick. We just ignored her and continued to play like it's the last day of our lives. Dad was running after me and trying to catch me. And when he did, he put me on his shoulder as he ran around.

My eyes water at the animated thought. I brush it off with the back of my hand, take a deep breath, and stand up. I pick my used clothes and put them in the basket. I then walk over the cabinet and grab some clothes; a white shirt, and a grey sweatpants, and wear it. I head downstairs, my head pounding as I walk through the stairs, then I ask Betty, one of the maids, to get me an Advil. In no time, Betty is in front of me with a piece of Advil in her hand, handing it to me. I give her a thanks and she says welcome and goes back to dusting the antiques and shits in the living room. My eyes keep flickering on the rain. What is the feeling of being able to play freely in the rain again? I ask myself as a smile tugs on my lips.

Without any thought, as if my feet have its own mind, I run outside from the house and the cold driplets of rain hit me, drenching me, my clothes sticking up on my skin. The cold feeling of water is making me shiver. I throw my head back, the driplets of rain hitting my face softly. Just running, walking, playing in the rain is making me calm. It's been ages ago since I played in the rain. It's been ages ago since my dad and I shared a playful moment. Rain makes me calm and makes me feel light, like I've not carried lots of problems, like I haven't been through a lot.

"Gloss, you might catch a cold!" Noah shouts. I look back to my house and found Noah glaring daggers at me, his hands crossed across his chest.

Looking at him, I can't believe that I liked - like - this guy. There's nothing special about him. He's just a commoner, not a king nor a prince. He's just an asshole, not a saint. He's freaking rude, not an angel. His dark hair is tousled, like he just ran his hand through it all day. It really gives him a bad boy look and suits him perfectly. He's like an Adonis. It's like he's the representative of the male's beauty and all. Just by looking at him makes my surrounding fade, makes the noise unaudible, only my heart beat is the sound I'm hearing. The only thing I can see is Noah Gerald Sky looking at me. There's nothing special about this man, but my heart sure as hell chose this man to like. My mind wanders to Beau. He's been a good friend to me. A real friend. I like him. But I like Noah more. Beau was about to ask me on a date last night, but was interrupted by Kaila. She was really drunk and kept shouting about how hot Nero, one of Noah's friend, is. Beau is everything I could ask for. Then why I can't just like him and be together with him? No Noah. Just him and I.