Two: The Journal

Rowan

Sister,
Not a single day goes by that I don't think about how it would have been like to have you around. I doubt you even know I exist right now but I do, and I'm here, spending all the time I can looking for you.

There's no doubt in my mind that you're alive and well. We won't stop until we have you back with us.

There are so many things I wish we could do together but that's impossible since you're not here. I've always wanted my twin by my side to share birthdays with, to yell at for taking my things, to play with when we were little, to annoy them-

I laughed painfully and wiped the tears that were escaping my eyes. Half of me always felt empty without Norah. We were both missing out on normal things that any normal person would have.

Our whole family has been in and out of a depression because of what that bastard took away from us.

You.

I can already imagine how different life would be with you here. Everything would be so different. We would all be happy.

Even though I've never met you, I miss you and I hope we finally get to meet one day.

-Rowan

A knock sounded at the door and I quickly shut the journal and shoved it under a pillow. I wiped my tear stained eyes.

"Rowan?" My mom called as she walked in. Her eyes landed on my and she frowned.

"Have you been crying?" She asked and I nodded slowly.

"I've been thinking about her, mom. I'm just so tired of looking and looking without finding anything," I sighed heavily. She walked over to me and sat down in front of me on the bed.

"Hey, we can't just mope around in bed and cry," she told me. "I had to learn that the hard way."

3rd person
17 years ago

Rayna had been in her room since it happened.

"It's been a week," Ace told Orion and he nodded sadly.

"She hasn't moved from that bed," Orion said. "She's been crying and holding onto Rowan. She won't even let me go near them." He ran his hand through his dark hair. "She's starting to worry me."

"She's worrying the whole pack," Ace nodded. "Everyone has been greatly impacted by this, so seeing their Luna depressed is killing them more."

Orion stood up from his office chair. "I'm going to talk to her and get her out of that room," he declared and Ace stood up and followed him out.

"We should give her more time to herself," Ace suggested and Orion shook his head.

"She's going to end up killing herself if she stays like this much longer. She hasn't eaten since it's happened and I can't bare to see her like that, Ace!" Orion entered his and Rayna's room. He found her on the bed as usual, clutching their son in her arms. She looked like a mess; tears fell freely down her face, she was in the same clothes as the day it happened, her hair was a knotted mess, she had dark circles under her eyes, and she was shaking uncontrollably.