Chapter 50: A Story Of A Young Boy

(Y/n) gave a surprised yelp when she realized who she had been spending time with. It was a shock to her, knowing who he was, especially since he had been so informal with her. His speech and demeanor should have given it away within the first few moments she'd talked with him. Not to mention the bodyguards that stuck by his side.

"You're Orion Trewin, aren't you?!" the girl exclaimed, pointing at the orange-haired boy, "The heir to the throne!"

At the mention of who he was revealed to him by the (h/c) female, he gave an ashamed look and attempted to hide his face from her. Rei gave a small smirk at her quick thinking, feeling pride for her realization. Of course, he'd known this long beforehand, granted that they were cousins. He gave a small chuckle, thinking her adorable for being so surprised. It made her seem that much more precious to him.

"Yes," Orion responded, his tone disappointed, "I...apologize for hiding this from you."

"It's alright," she said, embarrassed it took her that much time to figure it out, "I just didn't expect it, really. I'm sorry if I offended you."

"Such a cutie pie," Rei beamed, rubbing his cheek against hers.

Orion turned his head to watch the two of them, giving a small hum. At first, he had believed the two to be romantically involved, but as he looked closer, he saw that the feelings were one-sided. He hadn't expected that, considering how popular Rei was with women. Yet the girl seemed to be almost repulsed by him, even trying to push him away.

A doctor walked into the room, the other guard escorting her to the boy laying on the bed. She gave a bow to the two boys in the room, first to Orion, then to Rei. The woman then began to check up on the boy, taking his temperature and sitting him up to drink some kind of medicine. After that, she talked to the two guards and turned back to the male.

"You'll need to take it easy," she said, "but for the most part, you should be alright to make an appearance for ten minutes or so. Then you should return to your bed and rest."

The boy nodded, and with the help of the girl, was able to stand up and make it to where most people were gathered. He stood at the front of the room and took a deep breath. It seemed like he'd rehearsed this moment for a while now, his nerves ever-present in his speech he addressed to his guests.

"I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making your way to join me on my birthday," he said, his tone confident yet downtrodden at the same time, "Please, enjoy your time here, and should you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I'd like to introduce my cousin, Rei Hirasi, to all of you. Should my weak constitution keep up, he may very well be the one to take my place as the heir to the throne."

Rei stepped forward straightening his clothes and waving to the crowd of people standing before him. Orion motioned to him and everyone turned their attention to the blonde's words, except for Yamato who was still enjoying the sweets at the back of the room. As he spoke, the girl turned her attention to the others that were scattered across the room.

Shota seemed to have been watching over Haru who was busy playing video games to have noticed there was a quietness across the room. Takuya seemed to be trying to ward off the advances of noble girls, enthralled by his cute personality. He blushed brightly, trying to get them away from himself, still terrified of being given attention by the opposite gender. And then there was Akari who appeared to be missing from the scene, nowhere in sight.

As Rei finished up his speech, he received great applause from the people of the room. It was mere formalities, even (Y/n) could see that, but some of them seemed to be genuinely impressed with his introduction. He was approached by many older men and women who seemed to be curious about his wishes for the country. As such, the girl was left alone, Orion beginning to return to his room.