Rooftop

Things with Bucky have been kind of strained lately. I knew he really wanted to talk to me but I knew his views on the matter weren't going to change. I'd just have to wait for T'challa and hope things work out.

All week we had exchanged awkward greetings in the hallways but I kept my distance. Sleeping in his room and holding him just hurt too much. I knew I loved him but maybe he just sees me like the shell of a girl he used to know.

Anyways, I'm currently getting ready for this gala Tony Is hosting. The reason is unknown to me but apparently, this is something that happens frequently here.

I put the finishing touches on my make up and pull on the golden satin dress Natasha lent me. It was a little tight and flashy but ill admit I feel beautiful.

There was a knock on my door as I was trying to pull my zipper up

There was a knock on my door as I was trying to pull my zipper up. I groaned as I struggled. "come on in!"

The door opened and I looked up. "steve! " I smiled.

"do you need some help there?" he asked walking over.

"Yes, please! I have no idea how Natasha gets into these." I move my hair aside so he can zip it up.

He grabs the zipper and gently pulls it up. "she has her ways." he smiles moving my hair back when he's done. "you look beautiful Liv."

I turn and wrap my arms around him tightly. "thank you, Stevie ."

"anytime." he squeezed me gently. "how are you doing?"

"I'm okay." I shrugged pulling back to look at him.

He gives me a doubtful look but drops it anyway. "would you like me to escort you to the rooftop?" he offers like the gentleman he is.

I chuckled. " I think I'll be okay, but thank you." I smiled.

"Okay, I should get going then. Save me a dance?" he asked.

"definitely." I grinned.

He nods and heads out leaving me to pull on my high heels.

A few minutes later I'm pacing in the elevator on my way up to the party. I keep mumbling to myself that I'll be okay, it's a big party, I'll probably hardly see him. Just then the elevator doors open and none other than James Buchanan Barnes standing there dressed to the nines.