Chapter- 5

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"This is really a good idea Manish ji.. I am glad that you thought about it." said Swarna.

"Thanks to Kartik. He made me realise this yesterday.. He thinks Naira doesn't have anything to do the whole day. So I thought she should join our office.. Also she is well educated and capable!" said Manish.

"You are right Manish ji.. but what do you think? Will she agree to this?" asked Swarna.

"Let's talk to her." said Manish and both of them went to her.

"Maa? Papa? What happened? You both look tensed." said Naira seeing Manish and Swarna approaching her.

"Get ready beta" said Manish.

"Okay. Are we going somewhere?" asked Naira.

"Yes. We are going to office." said Manish

"Office? But why?" asked Naira confused.

"Well that's a surprise for you beta. Come on. Get ready fast.. I am waiting for you in the lobby." said Manish.

Naira nodded and went to her room to get ready wondering what could be the reason Manish is taking her to the office.

Soon, Manish and Naira made their way to office. Manish has called a directors meeting. Kartik had no clue about this and he immediately went to attend the meeting. But he was shocked to see Naira in the meeting room.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. She is my daughter in law Naira." Manish introduced board members to Naira.

"Sorry for calling this urgent meeting but I have an important announcement. My daughter in law Naira would be joining Goenka Groups and Industries from tomorrow." declared Manish.

Naira and Kartik both were in shock. Kartik got up and said " Dad but.."

"Why not Kartik? Your wife is well educated and capable of this. She will be a helping hand to you and you guys can spend more time together while working." said Manish.

"Brilliant idea sir! Welcome to our office Mrs Naira Goenka." said one of their board members.

"Thank you everyone" said Naira and shook her hands with everyone.

After sometime,
"Papa, I don't think I can do this. It's a huge responsibility and Kartik.. He wouldn't like it" said Naira.

"See Naira, Don't you want to make your own identity? I want you to be an independent woman. And if it's about Kartik, then it's his problem. I know things are not well between you two. I know you are trying to put efforts from your side into this marriage but now it's his turn. You have given enough to this marriage. It's time for him to realise your value." said Manish.

"Papa.. he has still not accepted me as his wife. In all this if I start working with him, it might hurt him. He won't like it papa." said Naira.

"Does he care about your likings? No na? Then you should also do the same." said Manish.

"I can't papa.. My marriage is important for me. I can't ignore it." said Naira.

"Who is telling you to ignore your marriage Naira? If you start working, Kartik will realise your importance. He thinks you are incapable and I want you to prove him wrong." said Manish.

"But papa I don't even have any experience." said Naira.

"If you dont try, you will never get experience" said Manish.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Naira left office when Manish went to meet Kartik.

"Why dad?" shouted Kartik as soon as Manish entered his cabin.

"How can you take such an important decision all by yourself Dad? You could have talked to me! And How can she join our office like this?" asked Kartik.

"Thanks to you Kartik. You gave me this idea yesterday. You said Naira doesn't have anything to do at home. So I have decided that from now she will not sit at home but will start working in our office." said Manish.

"But dad.." said Kartik but got interrupted by Manish.

"Why Kartik? You want to live your life.. then Naira has the right to live her life too. As you always wanted, she shouldn't be expecting anything from you. She shouldn't be dependent on you for anything.. not even money. She is educated and I am sure she is capable too" said Manish.

"But Dad how? No interviews, no trainings nothing? I will interview her Dad" said Kartik.

"I have already done that. And about training.. I am sure you will train her well." said Manish.

"I know why you are doing this Dad" said Kartik.

"Then why are you even arguing?" said Manish and went out from his cabin.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Naira informed Naitik about joining office after coming back to the house.

"I don't know but papa but I am scared" said Naira.

"Kartik will ne there with you na? He will help you.. then why are you scared?" said Naitik. Naira's eyes got moist listening this.

"Hmm.." said Naira.

"Are you happy beta?" asked Naitik but got no response from the other side.

"Naira? Tu khush hai na?" asked Naitik again.

"Haan? Ji papa.. khush hoon. Papa it's quite late here so I will call you back tomorrow" said Naira and hang up the call.
She sat in the corner of the room and cried for sometime wondering what's more in her fate..

Kartik opened the door and heard soft sobs in the room. He switched on the lights and found Naira crying sitting in the corner. Naira realised that Kartik came in the room and stood up immediately wiping her tears.

Kartik fetched his clothes and dashed inside the washroom ignoring her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

In the midnight, Naira woke up to have some water. She looked around but didn't find Kartik. She went down to kitchen to have some water but to her surprise, Kartik was also in the kitchen. She didn't said anything thinking he doesn't like her to interfere in his life.

She had water and was about to go but Kartik called her. "Naira.." her legs stopped in the middle. She turned around and he said "Bhook lagi hai mujhe.."

"Shall I prepare something for you? If you want.." said Naira smiling faintly. Kartik nodded his head.

She prepared Aloo Paratha in no time and served it to him. Kartik ate them immediately as he was dying in hunger. Naira was cleaning the platform while watching Kartik. She felt happy and content.

"Thank you" said Kartik entering their room.

"No need of thanks.." said Naira.

"You make tasty foods." said Kartik complimenting her.

This was the first time he was appreciating her. She was really happy. As usual she started finding happiness in every small things. It strengthens her hopes and deepens her love for him.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Do give your reviews♥️