15

Harry parked his car outside of the school gym, where three or four dozen cars were already parked, absent of occupants, who were presumably already inside. Even through Harry's car, I could hear the dull blast of music from inside of the gym.

Harry's hand was on my thigh, where it had remained for the duration of the drive to school. He rested his other forearm on the steering wheel, chewing silently on a piece of gum in his mouth as he glanced over at me, a smile playing on his lips the moment his eyes met my own.

"What?" I breathed a laugh, my stomach fluttering with his eyes on me, as I tilted my own head to match his. I lifted his hand from its place on my thigh, taking his hand in both of mine on my lap.

"Nothing," he returned, mirroring my tone. I bit back a smile, as he lifted his hand to run the pad of his thumb over my cheek.

"You're so annoying," I murmured, a soft giggle leaving my lips, as he playfully pinched my chin in his hand.

"Mm," he simply hummed in response, leaning over the console of the car to press his lips to my jaw, and then again to a spot just below my ear; his second kiss slightly slower, his nose nudging against my earlobe. I felt a smooth chill along my spine, and my eyes shifted to look at him as he leant back to look at me. 

I felt an odd urge to pull him back closer to me and beg him to kiss me again; to kiss me more. And his eyes told me that he, perhaps, was playing with the very same thought, but I didn't dare ask. His hand reached for his door handle, pushing his car door open and sending me an unreadable look as he did so - it was as if, having weighed up the options, he knew we ought to go inside. 

I smiled to myself, reaching for my own door only to have it opened by Harry first, stepping aside to let me out. He grabbed my hand in his as we made towards the gym, and I was gladder than ever to have him with me, an overwhelming sense of content coursing through my body as we reached the door of the gym. Harry kissed the side of my head as he pulled the door open and I stepped inside, a mere inch or two ahead of him. 

The room was filled with couples, as well as groups of friends; everybody dressed up with smiles plastered onto their faces. I felt almost a sense of pride, having Harry with me; that I got to share an experience like this with him, having never shared it with anyone before.

"Did you want to find your friends?" Harry asked. I turned to respond, cut off as I jumped, startled by a foreign hand grabbing at my bum. My heart dropped, a gasp leaving my lips causing Harry's eyes to widen, as I flew around to follow the sound of laughter.

My eyes landed on a boy with his hair swept back in a quiff, nobody accompanying him, as his hands raised in mock surrender, an arrogant smirk on his lips. "Pretty dress, Blair," he added. 

"Did he just-" Harry's voice lowered, and I only nodded before my hand was dropped from his grip, and he was storming towards him. I couldn't find the words to tell him not to bother. He was a few feet away, and over the music I could only hear the low hiss of his voice, his eyebrows furrowed in what looked like rage. Louis' smirk had yet to falter, which Harry seemed to notice as well, as I caught his hand grip the fabric of Louis' shirt and twist it, tugging him closer as Harry spoke through gritted teeth. 

I'd never seen Harry behave in such a way - I'd never seen him anything close to angry. I figured despite his sometimes edging on cool exterior, he wouldn't harm a fly; yet here he was with one of the school jocks in his grip like he was a toy.

It was only when I saw Louis' smile drop and his head nod frantically, that Harry let him go. My body finally connected to my brain, and my legs finally started working as I hurried towards them, in fear of the situation escalating any further. Both my arms wrapped around one of Harry's, yet his eyes didn't leave Louis.