(24) Revelations.

Pamela was having tunnel vision. It was as if everyone was viewed over water. She could hear her rapid breath, which was getting so damn hard to take. She tried to concentrate on what else she could hear and she realized they were voices, whispering and calling to her from afar.

A hand jerked her. "Pamela!"

She snapped out of her reverie and looked up at the man she loves. His eyes were emotional and his brows were creased with worry. He hugged her.

"Are you okay?"

She shook her head in negation from side to side as she remembered. "Mother... Mother? Mom!" She yanked free of him and started running towards the body. Devlin's men were trying to revive her.

Devlin held her back and hugged her to him from behind. "Pamela, please."

"Let go. Let go!" She started sobbing. "Mother! Is she alive?" She hollered. Her voice sounded hoarse as she wept bitterly. All her resolve was gone. The woman lying there was no longer Dorothea, but her mother.

"What was she doing here?" Devlin asked against her ear.

"I - I don't know... She never said anything."

"She has a pulse!" Someone called and Pamela broke free, running towards her mom. She gasped in horror and shock. Her mom had been severely burnt.

She wept and knelt before her mother. "Mom?"

Her mother's eyelids flickered.

"She's alive," Ivan whispered.

Devlin knelt beside Pamela. "We'll need more bandages." He said quietly to whoever was listening.

"Yes sir." Ivan rushed off.

"Dore?" He carefully pressed a bandage against a cut on her temple.

She moaned and opened her eyes.

"Mom?" Pamela sobbed.

Dorothea smiled at them both. "Hurts," She whispered.

"I know, you'll be fine." He replied. "We're taking you to a hospital."

Pamela jerked to look at him. Minutes ago he'd been against that idea. What made him change his mind?

"Devlin. Y-you can't. Th-the –" Dorothea struggled to say.

"Shhh... Rest now." He then turned to his boys. "Gather all evidence you can in the warehouse and destroy it. We're taking the injured to the hospital so that will buy us time. Understood?"

Minutes later they pulled up in a hospital. Pamela was a bundle of nerves. She didn't want her mom to die. The injured, including her mom, were placed on a gurney and wheeled into the emergency room. No one was allowed in.

Pamela stood, lost in thought, staring at the red light on the door of the ER. Thousands of thoughts were running through her, bouncing off the walls of her mind, thousands of scary thoughts which she shouldn't be thinking filled her.

Strong arms hugged her from behind and she collapsed against him, sobbing bitterly. She had a lot to tell her mom.. she needed to tell her she was sorry for pushing her away, that she was sorry for blaming her for the divorce with her father when it had a reason; and whatever it was, it was a good reason, she was sure. She had a lot to say... she had stories to tell, she also wanted to tell her mom she was in love with Devlin.

"Hey, it's okay. She'll be fine. I know she will." He said stroking her hair. He led her to a seat and helped her into it.

"I pushed her away. I blamed her for my dad's death, I –"