fifteen

15|DAVAN

As Asra's feet hit the ground of the prison ship, Mando grabbed her arm and mumbled a small "stay behind me".

"All right, we're on the clock. Second we engage those droids they're gonna be all over us." The leader, Mayfeld, announced as he directed everyone down the hallway.

"I know the drill." Mando replied.

"Bio trackers activated. I've got eyes."

"All right, let's go." They all followed behind the leader, weapons raised and ready for anything. The prisoners around them watched curiously as they roamed the halls looking for a specific cell.

"I don't like this." The Mandalorian raised his concern as some prisoners got excited by them. He glanced back to check on Asra who gave him a small smile, reassuring him she was okay.

"You always were paranoid." Xi'an smirked before glancing at Asra smugly, trying to make the woman jealous.

"Is that true, Mando?" Mayfeld joked, still looking ahead. "Were you always paranoid?"

"Approaching control room. Make a left at the next juncture." Zero informed them. Mayfeld gestured for them to follow him around the corner, Mando going first and beckoning Asra to his side. A small cleaning droid suddenly crossed in front of them, stopping as it noticed the lifeforms in front of it.

"What? It's just a little mousey." The red giant, Burg, chuckled before taking out his gun. "Come here, little mousey."

"Burg." Mayfeld warned. As the droid began to retreat Burg got angry and aimed his gun, destroying the small droid.

"No! Burg, what are you doin'?" The leader exclaimed, currently on edge as he knew the blaster noise would attract bigger droids.

"What?" Burg was completely clueless to what he did.

"Great, we're doomed." Just as Asra said that security droids raced around the corner with blasters aimed at the five.

"Intruder alert. Open fire." The five of them jumped back to hide behind the walls, trying to fire at the droids.

"We're too exposed here." Xi'an gasped, ducking away from a blaster shot.

"No, we just need to be smart." Asra grinned, as she raised her blaster and twisted around the corner. She aimed and fired, hitting a droid in the head.

"Mando, let's go! You're supposed to be something special." Mayfeld yelled at the Mandalorian. Then they noticed he had disappeared. Asra had watched him run down the hall, aiming to attack the droids from behind.

"See! Smart." The healer winked at the other as Mando raced forwards and destroyed the droids with no help except Asra shooting one that got too close.

"Make sure you clean up your mess." Mayfeld said smugly as he, and the other two, walked past him like they were the ones who took down the droids.

"That was so badass!" Asra cheered excitedly as she ran up to him. "That was a huge turn on."

"Really?" Mando asked surprised, happy he was wearing a mask to hide the sudden blush that had taken over his face.

"Of course." She winked. "Maybe you can show off those moves the next time she find some time alone." With that said the pair caught up with the rest of the group.

"It seems your presence has been detected." Zero stated. "Redirecting security alert away from your position."

"Z, open the door!" The leader yelled into the microphone as the reached the control room.

"But I'm detecting an organic signature."

"Yeah, okay. All right. Just open the door!" Mayfeld ignored the droid as the ran up to the door.

"Stop!" A human stood up and raised his small blaster at them. "Just stop right there. You put down the blasters right now."

"Nice shoes." Mayfeld grinned as the three casually entered the room, Mando and Asra staying by the door. "Matches his belt."

"There were only supposed to be droids on this ship." The Mandalorian spoke up.

"Hang on, hang on." The leader waved him off. "Let's see here, cell two-two-one. All right, now for our well dressed friend."

Then it got heated. The guard pulled out a white device, something that would attract other guards to come and blow up the ship, killing everyone on board.

"Nobody has to get hurt here." Mando began to reason with the scared man. "Just calm down."

"What is that thing?" Burg questioned dumbly.

"Its a tracking beacon." Asra explained. "He presses that thing, we're all done for."

"A New Republic attack team will hone in on that signal and blow us all to hell." Mayfeld continued. "Put it down."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, I'm serious." He snapped at the purple female.

"You didn't think we needed to know that tiny little detail?" She snapped back.

"I didn't think we'd get to this point."

"Yet here we are."

"Are you questioning my managerial style, Xi'an?" His gun moved to be aimed on the casually sat woman.

"No, sir." She chuckled, sending a small salute.

"Hey. Listen to me." Mando tried to reason again with the guard. "Hey, hey, hey. Listen to me, okay? Look." He placed his blaster back into its holster and gestured for everyone to do the same. "What's your name?"

"Its Davan." Davan stammered.

"Davan. We're not here for you. We're here for a prisoner. If you let us go about our job, you can walk away with your life." Asra smiled to herself as she watched Davan consider the offer but glared harshly as Mayfeld tried to contradict what Mando said.

She continued to watch this exchange, weapons all aimed at each other with high intentions to kill. That was until Xi'an threw a dagger straight into the guards heart.

"Shit." Pushing through the men, she kneels beside Davan, checking for his pulse. Sighing with annoyance, she shook her head but stayed seated.

"Would you both just shut up?" Xi'an growled.

"Crazy Twi." Mayfeld rolled his eyes at the woman. "I had it under control."

"Yeah, looked like it." She giggled, going over and pulling the dagger out the dead mans body. They all stilled as they heard rapid beeping and looked down at the white tracking device.

"Was that thing blinking before?"

"Zero to Mayfeld. Zero to Mayfeld. I've detected a New Republic distress signal homing in on your location. You have approximately 20 minutes."

"Now we really are all fucked."