Ch 50 - unbearable waiting

Minato POV-

Naruto has finally fallen asleep after getting a doze of painkillers.

As a parent, the pain of seeing your child suffer and not being able to do anything is unbearable.
Not only were we able to do anything, nobody was.
We had the best medics here and they were at a complete loss.

Kushina and I just sat quietly in the living room, still trying to take it all in.

'What if we loose him?' Was the question on both of our minds.

"This shouldn't...be happening" Kushina started, her voice quivering.
"He's only 11 years old...hasn't he been through enough?!" She continued, referring to the nine tails that caused Naruto to be bullied, it had never truly been easy for Naruto.
We had hoped that my title as hokage would make Naruto's life easier, and in some ways it did, after all nobody truly had the courage to physically hurt Naruto, so instead they went with mental bullying.

It was only recently that Naruto build a solid relationship with some new friends.

"You're right, you're right. It should be like this..." I told her while rubbing her back.

I couldn't really figure out what else to say at this moment.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Third person POV -

Everyone had heard of Naruto's condition.
After all that was why the hokage had taken time off, leaving the office and the paperwork for his advisor, Shikaku, to handle for the time being.

Some lowly villagers dudnt dare show it, but they hoped that the nine tails beat would just die off.

While everyone that saw Naruto for his true colors were deeply worried and saddened by what the poor boy was going through at the moment.

Obito for example had a hard time coming to terms with it, he had just been with Naruto a few days earlier, and at that time Naruto showed no indication of suffering from what he's going through now, he'd just had a tough day at school that was all.

Thinking of that Obito had begun going through the many notes and journeys he got to write before his memories were gone, to see if he had left a clue, anything that would indicate that the other Naruto, from the other timeline went through something similar, and if he did, how he got better.

Truthfully Obito hated looking through this, it brought a great deal of pain reading how horrible he had been, but he was willing to push those feelings aside for new, begging to god that he would find something to help the boy he viewed as a baby brother.

But...nothing.
No leads...no...nothing.

Surrounded by the notes Obito sat in his living room, his head in his hands trying to ease the anxiety and the headache that came with it.

"Dad, does this help? It looks important" Reiko said and held up a sketch of the seal on Naruto's abdomen, the one keeping half of the nine tails at bay.

"No Reiko, that's not exacly what I'm looking for, but thank you for helping me out" he said and stroked the young girls hair.

Reiko too, loved Naruto, the tiny year difference between them had definitely helped them get close.

"Here...I found another pile under the floor boards" Rin walked in holding another red leather journal and a stack of loose notes.

Back then Obito had been afraid of people figuring out that he was from the future so he had done his outmost to hide the notes, that's why they were stocked under the floorboards.

"Oh I forgot that pile, thank you love" Onito said, standing up to take the pile from Rin and kissed her lightly on the lips as a quiet thanks.

"What do you say detective Reiko?" Obito said showing the new pile to Reiko with a small smile.

"I say..gimme!"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"I'm going to check up on him" says Kushina and stood up from the couch.

Minato simply nodded still trapped in his own thoughts on how to help his son.

Kushina left the room and so it was quiet once more...but not for long.

"Minato!"

Minato instantly grew alert by his wife's distressed call.

He sprung up from the cough but before he could even make it to the starts that led up to Naruto's room Kushina called again.

This time what she said was absolutely blood chilling.

"He's gone!"

XxXxXxXxXxXxX
A/N

Dun dun duuunnnn!

Where is Naruto?
Did someone take him?
Did he leave by his own free will?

If so.
Where did he go? And why?