14 - Star

The late October breeze was mordant and Arcadian as the bold orange sun faded into the seemingly empty autumn evening sky. Crisp shades of rouge, canary, and tangerine from fallen leaves, minted a scrawny layer over the curtailed marmalade lawns of the neighborhood. Immediately noticeable bolder colors emerged from the decorations of the local estates, with its own scheme of dark hues lulled a corresponding theme of horror. 

It was one of best holiday for some people but could also be horrifying for others. It was a holiday where some people believed that lost spirits and soul of the dead that hadn't moved on would ascend from the ground again to haunt the serene lives of the living.

Many people glamoured in grandiose outfit, for it was not an ordinary day to disguise themselves as somebody else. Some also just dressed up just to be notable enough from the others. One way or another, everybody seemed to be prepared for what to show.

It was a perfect Halloween night. There was a full harvest moon, the wind was howling, the neighborhood was quiet, though kids were trick-or-treating. It was going perfectly well.

"Uh, Yeji, I'd just entertain some guests and you can get any drink you thirst for, okay?"

Yeji reluctantly nodded, grasping upon the forearm of the blondé in the midst of a huge crowd. They watched the raven haired girl sauntered away, bustling through the full packed kitchen. "Those clothes will look great in a crumpled heap on my bedroom floor." As soon as the two were left alone, a towering masculine guy blocked their way, wearing a cocky and dirty smirk across his slightly bearded face and lewd moustache.

Another guy dived into the scene, his eyes rapidly grew in terror, and cracked his fist over the back of his friend which earned a gawk from the latter. "What the fuck, man?"

"That's Hwang Yeji," the Korean-American guy emphasised to his friend, gripping a part of his torso, tugging him away. "I—we're very sorry, Yeji. He didn't mean it. He's tipsy."

An apologetic look expressed right through the cat eyed girl and genuinely accepted it. "Shit, I'm sorry, I thought, fuck—I shouldn't have." His friend dragged his embarrasing ass out of their faces, looking over his shoulder to utter another apology for Yeji, then bowing his head over and over again for sincerity.

Well, Yeji in a all-out set armour costume of Katniss Everdeen in Mockingjay was truly tempting and it would be damn rueful not to take a glance on her tonight at least once. But, her own thoughts told something else otherwise. She wasn't decisive enough how good looking she was.

"So you just let him got away with it as if he did the most decent thing on planet Earth?" A low, husky, and gracious tone resonated in her ears, so familiar she couldn't exactly fathom why she was hearing things in the most bizarre moment. "Hello, Yeddeong."

"...I didn't know you'll be here." The words were almost a fainted whisper, the noxious vibration of bass track roared through each walls surrounding them. "Uh, oh, well, hey."

Yeji loosened up her tight grip on the arm of Yuna, prying in a way she wouldn't get caught over Ryujin's so incredibly stylish outfit for tonight. "I like that hat of yours."

The uneasiness within slowly abated, after harkening the melodious chuckle. "Really? Of all things to say, that's what you noticed?"

"H-Huh?" She asked, confused.

"You can't just let people do you dirty. I mean, too much kindness can be bad too." Yeji warded her whilst she prompted the wine glass lid, kissing its mouth, sipping a right amount of tequila drink. "Yeddeong?"

Yeji wasn't that naive, of course, underage people may or may not had been following the policy of drinking restrictions. After all, they were in a party. Ethically speaking, it was a normal one to witness. But lawfully, they could be sent to welfare service office.