𖣔Chapter 15: Confessions𖣔

-Astrid's pov-
I slowly walked towards my hut, preparing for sleep and relaxation until tomorrow. I opened the rotting blue door and stepped carefully onto the yak hide rug in the middle of the lounging area as not to disturb Christina sleeping. I stroked a sleeping Stormfly, before cautiously making my way upstairs, making my self comfortable in my sheets.
A tear rolled down my cheek as flashbacks of my time with Hiccup here in this hut, and realising he had moved on, I felt a pang of guilt and sadness in my stomach, making me double over with tears again.
"You ok?" A soft voice called from the frail doorframe.
"Huh?" I wiped away my tears hastily and sniffled. "Yeah I'm fine-," I whispered as I looked towards the sound of her voice, getting a glimpse of snow white hair falling around small shoulders, and cautious eyes looking me up and down before another wave of tears and sob came and I couldn't stand. Collapsing into Christina, I held onto her neck, her arms wrapping around me.
"Astrid I'm so sorry. I know what your going through. I love you ok? Your amazing and it'll be over soon, I promise." I felt warmth spread to my cheek.

Christina was there for me after two weeks. She loved me after two weeks. How? Why me? Did I love her back? Does she even love me in that way?

"Sorry. I just need sleep right now." I whispered.
"Yeah ok. See you tomorrow,"
***
-Y/n's pov-
I woke up in a wooden bed, splinters poking my back harshly, a soft woollen blanket falling slowly off my thighs to hook onto my rusty metal leg. I was still in my clothes from last night, thank the gods, and just as I was about to step out of bed, a tired but smiling Viking pokes his auburn head up from the rounded stairs.
"Ah. Milady! Your up already!" I blushed at the nickname.
"Yes chief. Indeed I am."
"Ah. You got me there."
I laughed and he chuckled in response.
"So why is the chieftain here and not caring for his people? It is winter after all?"
He smiled and slowly climbed into what I had come to realise was his bedroom due to the diagrams of various inventions and the stone bed (d/n) had been resting on.
"I wanted to talk to you milady." I blushed harder this time.
"About what?"
He had come to sit on he edge of the bed and I rested my slim finger under his chin.
"I've been meaning to tell you for a while now, but I..." He drifted off his sentence, clearly nervous about saying it, his head drooping a little.
"Take your time, don't worry," I said in what I hoped was a consoling voice.

"I think I love you. And I'd understand if you didn't too I was just sick of pretending we were just friends, and the kiss last night, it just all clicked and yeah. I understand that you don't but..." He spoke quickly, as if there was no time to speak everything he wanted to say, fingering the ring I gave him delicately. "Can we give us a try?" He finished.

"I'd love to. I've been feeling similar since the Edge, but I knew Astrid wouldn't like it." He smiled and kissed my cheek.
"Pretty sure she's got something going on with that twin of yours." He muttered sadly.
"Wouldn't be surprised really. Who wouldn't love Christina. She was beautiful everyday without trying," I scoffed, shaking my head.
-Hiccups pov-
My thoughts were throwing a rave. They chased each other around like sheep during dragon racing and it was hard to make sense of what they said for longer than a second.

She said yes! Her smile though... she said yes!! She's so pretty without trying. Astrid? She said yes! What did I do to be blessed by Odin like this? She's a goddess in herself.

I smile, hoping she didn't ask me a question, and slowly dragged my hand to hers, careful to not stop her in the middle of her rant and slide my fingers in between hers. Is it too early? Should I stop? I jerked my hand a little, causing her to pause and look down curiously. She smiled simply, showing dimples I never notices before. Her hair fell around her shoulders and even in her tired state she looked beautiful and seemed content with everything happening around her.
"Haven't you got chiefly duties to do? You don't want to make tired Viking mad!" She giggled a little at her own comment.
"What? Oh yeah! See you later milady," and kissing her rosy lips quickly, I exited the room, leaving her grinning on the bed.
————————————————
Hiya lovelies! Finally finished another chapter.

Don't forget to smile!

Ender xxx