07 | hope

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 7
HOPE
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 7⸻ HOPE┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

TODAY IS THE DAY of the job announcement. I told my parents that I got a job interview and they were so happy and excited after hearing the news. Talking with my parents made me miss them, almost making me cry.

It is already nighttime but I haven't received any news yet. I distract myself by doing assignments and within a few moments, my phone rings. My palm are sweating as I reach for my phone, seeing a text from an unknown number.

unknown number
Hello, Miss Mia. We are here to inform you that you have been selected for the second interview. Please do come this Friday at 12 pm. Thank you.

I gasp quietly, not believing my eyes. I scroll through my contacts and dial Taehyung's number. On the second try, he finally picks up.

"Mia, hey, so I figured you got the text, huh?" he initiates through the line.

"Yes! Oh my god, thank you so much. I really didn't expect to get a second interview. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He deeply giggles, causing me to grin like an idiot. "Oh, don't thank me. You're just really qualified for the job. Congratulations!"

"Thank you! Ah, I wish I could do something to return your kindness!" I squeal, frowning slightly.

"Well, you could," he retorts reluctantly.

Right on cue, a faint knock bangs on my door. I scrunch my eyebrows together and stagger my feet towards it.

The minute I pull it open, Taehyung is standing in front while holding his phone against his ear.

"Taehyung!" A gasp escapes my lips, staring at him in surprise.

He grins and hangs up on the phone. "Hi!"

"What are you doing here?" I ask, smiling and suck in a deep breath when my eyes trail to his expose veiny arms. A black t-shirt and pants fits effortlessly against his body. He is so attractive.

"I'm here to congratulate you in person. Congratulations!" he stretches his arm cutely in the air and without thinking, I launch myself to him. He is taken aback, his body is completely frozen.

My cheek flushes against his broad chest as my arms encircle loosely around his tiny waist. "Thank you! I don't know what I would do without your help,"