Chapter 21: Locked in

Leila had on a black dress that fit her like a glove, with skinned toned stalkings and pinned heels...professional enough. She peered around , but it didn't seem like anyone was there, she took out the advert from her handbag unscrumpling it, she proof checked the address... 808 Cocopalm street, yep this was definitely the place. Sighing to herself, she knocked on the big olden wooden door, her skin scratching due to the rough texture of the door. No answer, she turned the door knob , to her surprise the door was open. She walked into what looked like an old lounge, there was a big couch which had dust accumulated on it, the carpets on the floor worn out with no sign of life anywhere in the house. Something was not right, she had the errie feeling that she was being watched...

*******

Cut Throat leaned on the wall lazily, he would wait for the newbies to have a go with the target before he would finish the job.

"Guys come look !....I think we have our target...! Wait ! What!...you're not going to believe it..our target is a-" Eduardo whispered excitedly

"A Girl..." James finished off

Cut Throats heart froze ..."Errr....Anyone here...? Hello...?" He distinctly recognized the voice, the soft...unsure....gentle voice of Leila Adams.

He rushed to the stairs looking down urgently, what was going on? Why was she here of all people? Could it be...Leila was the target?

Suddenly the door to the lounge opened again, and large thuds on the dusty floor sounded as hooded figures entered the room. Cut Throat couldn't make them out, they didn't look familiar to him..

"So...so...sorryy...i thi--thi-think i--i-im at the wroooong plaaccee.." Leilas terrified voice could be heard

"Oh no...i think you're at the right place..." Cut Throat heard a raspy voice say. Their backs were turned towards Cut Throat...He couldn't get a visual on them. "You see...we were promised a gift today...." the person said on, approaching Leila, as she started to slowly pace backwards.

Cut throat tried to analyze the scene, knowing time wasn't on their side...but Who was the intended target here? Could it be all of them? Cut Throat turned to see James, Eduardo and Vikram stare at him, for direction. He signaled with his hands pointing at them, and then downwards towards the hooded figures, he would handle Leila himself. "On the count of 3 we head down there together.." he whispered to them

"What ! Are we going to jump to the ground floor from here?" Vikram yelled staring down at the ground floor

Cut Throat rolled his eyes " Why ? You wanna fly down there?" he said impatiently

"I'm afraid of heights" Vikram retorted miserably

"Tell us all about it, when you get down there.." Cut throat replied uninterested.

Cut Throat quickly perused at the scene below in apprehension, Leila was in big trouble they needed to act now...and act fast...

Signalling with his fingers 3 .....2 ......1....GO !

He swiftly and elegantly jumped off the stairs, and landed gracefully in the middle of the lounge, dust momentarily spreading across the room, James and Eduardo landed next, while Vikram opted for running down the stairs. Cut Throat sighed, amateurs... there was a second of confusion with the men who were caught off guard with their arrival. Leila screamed, and tried running out of the room, one of the men caught her arm who she tried to wrestle. Cut Throat was quickly encircled by 3 of the hooded men. But he wasn't the top C40 for nothing...he took the 3 men on, doing swift and speedy moves, it almost looked like it was hard for them to keep up with the him.

*****

Leila watched the masked man who she recognized from that night in her room take on 3 of the hooded figures. Terrified she could do nothing but stare, her feet glued to the floor and her eyes onto him. She had never seen someone move like him, to say he was fast ...would be an understatement, he moved as though in a haze...making the hooded figures look clumsy almost, it was an onslaught and he almost looked like he was in some type of dance...she stared in horror as he kept going in a circle around the 3 of them, her eyes opened up wide in horror as she realized, there was blood seeping out of each one of them, making dark stains onto the dusty floor...but he moved with such speed and strange movements it was hard for her to actually see what he was doing to them. Before she knew it, they had all fallen on the floor with blood gushing out of their throats. He slowly turned around to look at her...

"Aaarrghhhh !" shouted another one of the hooded figures who saw his comrades down on the floor, he ran towards the masked man, joined with another....

He overpowered them again with his sheer speed. He started doing his strange circle movement again, Leila felt disgusted but couldn't take her eyes off the scene, she turned to look around everyone stopped to look at the 3 of them...both the hooded figures, and the young boys who stared at the scene as though in admiration....

This time one of the hooded figures managed to get a punch on the masked man. He stopped moving, and lightly touched his face, dusting the dirt off his suit, his eyes turned dark as though in irritation...If Leila thought he was fast before...it was nothing compared to what he began doing...he literally turned into a blur right in front of her eyes, the only thing that remained was that the small trickles of blood started seeping onto the dusty floor

"Whoaaa......" she heard one of the younger boys who jumped down the stair case scream out loud in approval

The other hooded figures stared around, looking to each other as to how to get him, his circle movements were just too fast. And by the look of it they also didn't quite understand what he was actually doing to them. Before she knew it, the other 2 guys had also fallen onto the floor in the same manner. It seemed like total anarchy, the rest of the guys who were left all rushed onto him.

Leila didn't want to wait any longer, she had to find a way out while the rest of the men were distracted with the fighting...she tried to look for an exit..she tried the first door that was closest to her but it was locked, she didn't want to run to the door which she came in from because that would mean running through the fighting scene. Leila tried the next wooden olden door and it opened, she ran through it...it was similar to the lounge, dust accumulated across all the furniture, there was an old rusted table with chairs that had spider webs across it ...the windows were all boarded, there was a small corridor out of the room she ran again looking for an exit...Leila opened door after door, her heart racing and panic overwhelming her and there was nothing except boarded windows and neglected rooms. With her last hope she tried the final room at the end of the corridor...it seemed to be an old master bedroom, it was bigger then the other rooms and had a massive bed which had spider webs spread across its head board looking almost like a sickly curtain draping. There was no way out ...her heart started to sink ...fear crippling her...Leila saw a quick movement in the corner of her eye, she screamed out turning around and seeing the terrifying masked man was at the entrance door of the bedroom with blood splatters across his suit and face, he closed the door behind him and turned the lock.