32 | the domino effect

| meliorism |
chapter thirty-two
the last dance ❞

| meliorism |chapter thirty-two❝ the last dance ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

The hard part of going to school wasn't the workload, but the people. Rhena still tried to warp her head around the fact that she would had to be in a place where hundreds of people thought, felt, believed and created different ways, but they all had to be confused in one same space. No place for growth, no place for options. It was terrying.

However, the world had made sure that without an education, life was going to become harder. So there she was, going to school despite the mess she had been lately. She tried to look decent, but it was in vain, she was never going to get away with it.

She walked to her locker, her head still going back to what had happened the night before. Her dad had checked the house and the area around it, but found nothing. He had to picked her up from the Salvatore's in the middle of a chess game between her and Stefan, while Damon was telling them about the book he had read. The two checked the house again later on, but found no evidence that someone was there, so they had to let it go.

As Rhena got closer to her locker, she looked up, only to find Bonnie and Elena waiting for her. She tried to hide her surprise by looking between them, but it was obvious.

    "Hey" Rhena greeted them, slightly furrowing her eyebrows.

    "Hey" the two girls smiled, both looking at her with worry. Elena was the first one to go in for a hug, which took her by surprised, but she returned it. Then, Bonnie embraced her as well, sighing as she let her go. When she separated from Bonnie, she could feel more energy from her, a powerful one.

    "I'm sorry, we just wanted to see how you were, after everything" Bonnie signaled her, which meant about the commotion the day of the grill. Apparently she told Elena, because the two nodded.

"oh" Rhena nodded, adjusting her bag in her shoulder "I'm alright, I'm kinda getting used to blacking out" she joked, but they looked at her with more concern. She forgot they were not used to her humor like Caroline was "I'm sorry" she chuckled nervously shaking her head "I'm alright, really"

"well, whatever you need, you know we are right here" Bonnie smiled, and she returned it.

"thank you" she replied, truly meaning it.

"how's Jenna?" Elena asked, making a sad gesture. Jenna wasn't answering any of their phone calls or text messages. She gave her phone to Rhena each time it rang to see who it was, just to make sure it was safe to answer.