Ricky Bowen Imagine Part 3: "When There was You and Me"🤍

Author's Note: I've decided that this comes like the weekend before the thanksgiving episode. Also, shout out to my best friend. This one is for you. MadsShips

Gina: yeah what's up? I'm always here if you need a friend to talk to.

Ricky: Can I come over to your house? Like right now.

Gina: Yeah sure. I'm babysitting my neighbor's son, but he's asleep right now. Are you okay?

Ricky: I'll be over in a few minutes. Let me get my skateboard. Is there anything you can't do? dance, babysit, sing

Gina: I can't play any instruments, but I want to learn guitar and piano one day.

Ricky: I'll teach you one day.

As soon as I got off of my phone. I grabbed a hoodie and my skateboard, then I skated to Gina's house, which was only two blocks away. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to say to her. My love life is so complicated. I just wish time would stop for a second. I sound like a baby, but I really need my mom's advice right now. Love is confusing. Love is dead. My parents aren't even together. I never planned to be in a love triangle.

For some reason, I was so nervous when I got to Gina's door. My hands were slightly shaking, and I was looking down when I rang the doorbell.

"Hey Ricky, come on in. It must be cold out there. I'll go make you some tea. You can set your things down in the living room."

"Umm... nice house." Damn why'd I say that.

"Thanks. It gets pretty lonely because my mom works all day and it's just me after school, but babysitting, watching YouTube videos, and dancing keeps me busy."  Gina said walking to the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Gina came back with a hot cup of tea and some cookies on a small plate. I couldn't help but admire her beautiful chestnut eyes and the way she delicately placed each one of those cookies.

"I hope you're not allergic to peanut butter. I made these cookies with the kid earlier and I thought I'd share some with you. Now what did you really come here for?" Gina said while taking a bite of a cookie.

"Wow. You bake too? I'm not allergic to peanut butter, in case you were wondering." I took a bite of a cookie and ignored her question. I didn't know what I was going to say.

"Ricky, what's up? You came here for a reason." Gina said touching my shoulder.

"Please don't say anything until I finish."

"Ok."

"I'm scared and confused and tired. I don't know who I love. I hurt two girls already one won't talk to me and the other doesn't even know where I am. I don't want my future relationship to end up like my parents'. You know (Y/N)? I dated her to shove me feelings about Nini away. I didn't know how to fix a situation like that. I could've just said those three simple words and I wouldn't be in this situation right now. Love is so complicated. Love is dead." I put my head in my hands in embarrassment and because there were tears in my ears.

"I'm sorry you're in a tough situation Ricky. You're going to have to tell (Y/N) the truth eventually. I think you should let Nini have some space and time to herself and then explain to her your situation. She probably doesn't get it she has two parents that are happy together." Gina said calmly.

"Wow. You're really good at this giving advice thing. Thanks Gina." I said hugging her.

"Thanks. I'm used to this crazy traumatic, drama stuff. Especially, since I switched schools almost every year and my dad left when I was two and my mom is always at work."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." I said moving closer to her to side hug her.

"Umm... do you have a guitar? I didn't bring mine. I want to show you something I've been working on." I said moving away.

"Yeah. One sec. My mom has one somewhere, she got it from one of the clients she's worked with as a gift. I guess it got passed down to me." Gina said getting up.

When she came back, I started to play an acoustic version of "When There was Me and You"

I was basically serenading her without even realizing it. It felt like she was a true friend. She got me.

(I know this part comes earlier in the show. Just pretend. It belongs here in this story.)

"That was amazing. Have you showed Miss Jenn? She would probably find a place for it in the script. It's genius. You are singing Gabriela's part."

"No. I was going to tell her the day before break. I wanted to get someone else's opinion first."  I said looking in her eyes.

"That was so beautiful Ricky."

Gina leaned in as if she was going to kiss me. What was going on? I almost kissed her, but my phone started ringing before our noses could touch.

"I got to take this. It's (Y/N). Here's your guitar back." I said exiting the room.

P.S There is going to be a part 4 but that's it. I hope you like this part. I am a full on Rini shipper my friend loves Rina though. Don't forgot to vote and comment. :)