7│WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Wow, this is so cool, you guys. The entire city is blacked out!" Rachel stared out the window.

"Mom says it's all of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn and Queens, and they have no idea when it's coming back on," Monica explained as she held the phone to her ear.

Rachel's eyes widened. "Wow, you guys, this is big."

"I know," Veronica smiled, "I can sleep at noon and no one can judge me for it."

Joey smiled at her and held his hand out for a high five.

"Pants and a sweater? Why, mom? Who am I gonna meet in a blackout?" Monica scoffed, "Power company guys? Eligible looters? Could we talk about this later? Okay, bye."

"Can I borrow the phone? I want to call my apartment and check on my grandma," Phoebe asked.

Monica handed her the phone before helping Rachel and Veronica light candles.

"What's my number?" Phoebe asked.

The three women gave her weird looks.

Phoebe scoffed. "Well, I never call me."

"Come help me look for candles at our place?" Joey asked Veronica.

"Sure," She grabbed a candle and made her way over to him.

Joey held his hand out for her as they walked across the pitch black hall. Veronica held onto his hand tightly. He opened the door for her and she set the candle down on the counter.

"I can't believe the whole city's blacked out!" Veronica said.

"Yeah, it's so crazy," Joey laughed.

The two walked around the apartment looking for candles, which was hard enough in the mess Joey and Chandler lived in. The complete darkness they were operating in did not help, neither did the candle Veronica brought over.

Soon enough, the two bumped into one another as they walked around the apartment. Joey wrapped his arms around Veronica's waist as they fell onto one of the barcaloungers.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry," Veronica laughed as she looked up at Joey.

"Don't worry about it," Joey smiled.

Joey's grip on her waist was still strong as they smiled at one another.

"Hey, did you guys find any more candles?" Ross' voice brought them back to reality.

Veronica stumbled off Joey, his grip falling to her arm to help her stay upright.

"All I found was the menorah on the counter," Veronica pointed.

The three walked back to the girls' apartment.

"And officiating at tonight's blackout is Rabbi Tribbiani," Ross laughed.