Chapter 3

It was a busy day for the Underground Café.

Levi had his eyebrow furrowed, sitting by a high-end chair, staring at the imprinted footprints by the doorstep.

It was the peak of the day, noon-time, and high school teenagers were all over the place creating noise with their ear-piercing laughter. The whole crew was busy, orders coming one after another.

Upon noticing that the newbie Marlo seemed slow in getting the orders by the counter, he made his way towards it.

Connie and Sasha who was mopping the floor looked at Marlo in fear. Mikasa and Eren were busy wiping the tables clean while Armin and the others were brewing coffees. It was only Marlo left for the cashier despite being new.

"Oi, let me take over." Levi called out, dragging him away in the process.

The man was caught off-guard, looked at his boss in bewilderment while he was pushed into a corner.

Noticing that the young man was not moving from its position, he turned to him. "What are you still doing?" He stares at him blankly, "Go help those two brats mopping the floor."

"Yes, sir!"

The way he said the words were firm as he hurried off to grab a mop and a clean pale of water.

Sighing, Levi then turned to look at the teenage girl in front of him who was looking at him with wide eyes.

Irritation came creeping in, slightly annoyed at the girl who took too long to voice out her order.

Little did he know, the girl was star-struck, obviously crushing over the raven-haired man and the employees who had seen it could only shake their heads in disappointment.

It was a given fact that Levi had never been romantically involved with anyone.

So far, it was what Mikasa had said when Eren asked her.

"He's probably gay." Mikasa answered, not a single trace of amusement on her face.

It was pretty hard to figure out whether the woman was kidding or not.

After a whole thirty minutes, the people lining up on the counter finally lessened. It was certainly a relief for the raven-haired man; going back to his former position sitting on the high-end chair nearby as he grabs a book and began reading to waste time.

Suddenly, the door chimed open. The raven-haired man groaned in frustration, placing the book beside him.

"What's your—"

"Levi!" It was the brunette, smiling widely at him, waving her hand happily.

The look on the ravenette's face was rare—precisely, it was the first time the employees had seen it.

It was a look of surprise, obviously caught off-guard.

Soon enough, the surprised look dispersed into a scowl, "What are you doing here, Hange?"

"Ordering," She leaned on the counter.

"What's your order then?"

"The usual."

"Tch."

Marco, who was the one brewing the coffee and Jean who's responsible for mixing the flavorings watched the scene before them, curious about what the stranger had just said.

Truth be told, it was the first time they've seen the brunette, she's not a regular customer for all they know.

"Well then, I'll be waiting over there." Hange points at the table close to the window.