1. First Meeting (1)

Mikki POV
(5:00 pm ~ In the Kenzaki household)

I casually lay down on the couch and swipe through pictures on my cellphone. Another school huh?

My sister and I started off in our new school, Yako Junior High, as second years for a few days now and it's been hard for us to get along with the others. Of course we try to put on a friendly smile but everyone already knew each other and had their own cliques.

So no matter what we did, we stood out.

...

I really miss my friends from my previous school yet I know this feeling will pass. It always does. Friends always talk about how they would like to keep in touch after we move but they never do cause they already forgot about us.

Not that I'm surprised. This is our third time moving and it probably won't be the last. Our parents are both criminal lawyers and because of the cases they have to deal with, it's hard for us to stay in one place.

It would be lonely if I was an only child but at least I have Michi—-

"Mikki! Where's the remote?!" My younger twin sister, Michi, shouts as she barges into the living room wearing her bear onesie. 

"I'm not sure," I shrug.

"Nooo!!!!" Michi panics and starts rampaging through everything. "I need to watch the newest episode of Taikyuu."

"Taikyuu?! No way it's back on?! I thought they stopped at season 3?" I ask.

Michi's eyes sparkle. "The anime stopped a couple years ago but the manga was always ongoing," she happily puffs her chest. "But this year the anime finally came back-- oh found the remote!"

"Really! I need to watch it with you! I miss that show, it was the best," I grin. "Let me get my onesie and we can watch it together!"

When we were kids, we watched Taikyuu together and it greatly influenced us to start playing volleyball. Now the two of us are huge volleyball nerds that play volleyball all the time, not that I regret. Volleyball has become a great passion of mine and the same goes for Michi.

"Oh about that Mikki, rather than watch Taikyuu with me I need you to do me a favor," Michi suddenly asks.

"A favor? Is it a favor that only I can do?" I suspiciously question and she awkwardly laughs as she turns her head to side to avoid my gaze.

I click my tongue. When she does that I know it involves me pretending to be her. I wonder if other twins ever volunteer to switch themselves. I'm pretty sure they don't.

"So what is it?" I ask.

"Izumi invited me to a mixer at a karaoke place nearby. Can you go to the mixer in my place?" Michi pleads.

"Wait Izumi, who is she?" I ask and Michi gives me a deadpanned look.

She flicks my forehead. "At least remember their names. We're in a new school now but we have to put the effort in getting to know the people around us. Izumi's in the volleyball team. She's the setter and captain."

"Oh right," I mumble.

"Anyways she invited me since she said someone in the group decided not to come," Michi shrugs. "So can you go instead?"