38 ★ A little of both

𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕖 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤 - 𝔼𝕒𝕘𝕝𝕖𝕤

"I've been searching for

the daughter of the devil himself

I've been searching for an angel in white

I've been waiting for a woman who's a little of both

I can feel her but she's nowhere in sight"

Hendrix POV

I glance over my shoulder as Nancy practically purrs at Jamison. I see the panic in his eyes as he darts his gaze around the busy diner. My new friend looks everywhere but my coworker's large bust. She flaunts what she has. He clearly isn't interested.

Shaking my head, I turn my grin to the bag of take out that Jamison ordered, then I march out to his table to come to his rescue.

The contrast of Nancy flirting with Jamison versus when she had her eyes on Cedric is completely different. Even though Jamison and I have been hanging out for a while, and I didn't even really know Cedric when it happened. It just goes to show how attached I really was. I remember how upset and defensive of him I had been.

It's like I knew he was mine.

When I show up at the table, Nancy is already gone. It's just slowing down in the diner. The supper rush is always hectic, but it's dying out as the time ticks past 7:30.

"Thank you, you're a lifesaver." Jamison jokes as he snags his paper bag of food. He hands me some cash, winking at me.

"Keep the change, cutie." I stare at the 50 dollar bill in my hand with an open mouth, feeling flustered.

He walks away swiftly before I can say anything, which would probably turn into an argument anyway. I can't pocket the money, my boss pools our tips.

I frown down at the green, crisp bill. It's so tempting to just take it. I'm too honest for that, even if I don't want to share tips with flirtatious Nancy.

A wonderful sound fills the diner, and I know it's my favorite song on the jukebox. One of these nights by Eagles. I glance to the music machine, only to see Jamison walking out of the double doors with a knowing smile on his face.

I smile too. He's too good.

After a few more tables, I'm nearly done in. I rush around the squeaky tile floors, running from table to table.

I have hardly any energy, and I hate to have caffeine when I'm pregnant, but it's almost necessary. This baby takes everything out of me. Sometimes it's hard to get out of bed. I have to constantly take breaks to try to catch my breath from just walking around. Things that used to be easy are now impossible. Not to mention the extra 20 pounds I've gained.

It's all absolutely exhausting.

Swinging in and out of the kitchen, I'm practically dead on my feet. My legs are spaghetti noodles underneath me. They wobble with exertion, and little half pint gives a kick. I rub my belly with a soft smile. I don't know the gender, and I don't want to know until they're born. I want it to be a surprise.

I want to have something to look forward to.

Zooming back out to the next table, I'm shocked when I see one of my old professors. She glances at me with a sickly sweet grin, it's almost malicious. I frown.