29 // What If

a/n : THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 30K !!!!!

* * *
Soon after Harry and I both woke up from our naps and were making plans to go to dinner with Jess, Jackson showed up.

Jess left the room briefly to go open the door for him, and once the two of them walked back in, Jackson came to an immediate halt.

"Holy shit," he mumbles, his eyes locking on Harry. He was completely star struck.

"You alright honey?" Jess giggles, rubbing his back soothingly.

"Jess," he whispers to her loudly, never tearing his gaze away, "I might be going crazy, but I think Harry Styles is standing in your living room."

Okay, so when I said Jackson was different from Jess I didn't mean his personality. I honestly meant his looks. Now, I know I know, never judge a book by its cover. Jackson has a really great personality and I think he's a perfect match for Jess, in that way.

Jackson's hair is to his shoulders, and he usually has it up in a man bun or something of the sort. To add to his hairy aesthetic, he has a mustache on his upper lip he's been forcing to grow practically since he met Jess. It's sparse and he looks like a 17 year old who needs to start shaving.

"You're not going crazy," Jess tells him, "Lili brought home a 'souvenir.'"

I turn my head to look at Harry, who already seems to be eyeing me. A smile spreads across his perfectly round and plump lips and I sheepishly look away, a buzzing heat travelling to my cheeks.

"Hey man," Jackson finally approaches Harry, his arm held out, "I'm Jackson."

"Harry," he introduces himself, taking ahold of Jackson's hand.

"So what's a big shot like you doing out here in weed-ville?" Jackson asks, making my breath hitch.

"Jess," I interrupt before Harry gets the chance to answer, "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

"But I want to-"

"Jessica," I snap, my lips then pressing into a thin line as I shoot her a death glare.

"Okay," she gives in, a slight look of fear apparent on her face.

I walk around Jackson, where he stood in front of Harry, before storming over to Jess and yanking her into the bathroom by her hand.

"What the hell?" She rubs her wrist as if I hurt her by barely tugging.

"Can you not control your boyfriend?" I whisper-shout.

"He isn't doing anything wrong," she says defensively.

"Really?!" I challenge, folding my arms and shifting my weight onto one foot. "'Weed-ville?'"

"I mean was he wrong?" Jess giggles.

My face remained emotionless, and she got the hint that I didn't think she was funny because she then cleared her throat.

"Look, Lils, I don't know why you're freaking out," she shrugs, "it was just a joke."

"Just a joke?! Just a joke?!" I say angrily. "It's completely embarrassing is what it is!"

"Why do you even care what Harry thinks? You said you didn't like him."

"Well," I say hesitantly, "what if I do...?"

"Oh my god, Lili!" Jess yells, her voice echoing off the bathroom walls. "YOU LIKE HARRY?!"

"Shhh," I shush her, trying to calm her down. But in all honesty, it was no use. She was already jumping up and down.

"You like Harry?" She asks, a glow of joy beaming from every feature of her face.

"I didn't say that," I deny, "I said what if."

"That's good enough for me!" Jess squeals. "He's sleeping in your bed tonight. No exceptions."

And before I could say anything else, she left me standing there alone in the bathroom

* * *

Instead of going out for dinner, we simply ordered a pizza delivery. I personally didn't want to risk having Harry's location leaked, if it hasn't been already.

As I pulled my second piece of pizza from the box and set it on my plate, my phone buzzed repeatedly in my pocket. Initially, I figured I was just getting a phone call. But once I pulled it out to get a glance at who was calling, I quickly realized that wasn't the case.

Notifications from Instagram were flooding in multiple per second. My eyebrows crinkle in confusion as I unlock my phone to open the app.

Every notification possible flooded my inbox—people mentioning me in posts and comments, follow requests, etc.

I open up my recent follow requests to see they all have Harry's name in their usernames. Fan accounts. Now twice as intrigued as before, I go to look at the posts I was tagged in. My jaw dropped to the floor.

Even though we tried to avoid it at all costs, pictures were taken of Harry and I walking through the airport together. And the worst part about it is: we looked like a couple.

"What's wrong?" Jess asks with a mouthful of pizza, peering over my shoulder.

I tried to point my phone away from her view, but she snatched it out of my hand before I got the chance. She quickly—and dramatically—swallowed down the pizza she was chewing.

"Holy shit!" She exclaims, switching her glance from my phone to looking up at the group who was now staring at her.

"What is it?" Jackson says, stepping to her side to look at my phone also. His reaction was almost the same as Jess's. "Holy shit!"

I held my head in my hands, utterly embarrassed by their loud and dramatic exaggerations.

"Guys, can we please not-"

"Wait, so are you two like...a thing?" Jackson asks, pointing his finger between Harry and I.

I stayed silent. I knew the answer, I knew we weren't together.

Cautiously, I look over at Harry, but his eyes are fixed on my iPhone.

"Let me see that?" He asks, gesturing toward my phone. Jackson hands it over with no hesitation.

I shoot Jess a look and she nudges Jackson, causing him to jump slightly but she earns his attention.

"They aren't together," Jess informs him quietly, "yet."

"Oh." Jackson nods knowingly, looking back over at Harry, who was analyzing the picture on my phone.

"Well," Harry says, shrugging as he sets my phone down on the dining table in front of him, "I guess we'll just have to be a little more careful next time."

Next time?!