Chapter XX.

Bows, berets, makeup, and jewelry were all of Hazel's favorite things

       Bows, berets, makeup, and jewelry were all of Hazel's favorite things. Augustus sat on the floor as she did his hair, putting bows and hair clips in his hair. He agreed to let Hazel make him pretty. Salma was at work and Augustus agreed to let Hazel stay a couple more days because he enjoyed being around her, it was like being with a mini Salma/Shania. " Aunt Sally is gonna think you're so pretty." Hazel says with a smile, she stands in front of Augustus and she looks at her finished work of art. Hazel stares at Augustus, her big eyes were so amazed by her results.

Hazel suddenly hugs him, Augustus freezes for a moment and he hugs her back. "What's wrong Hazel?" Augustus questions Hazel and she pulled away from him a little, she stares at him for a moment. "You look so gorgeous." Hazel cooed and Augustus grabbed a mirror, he looked at his reflection and he smiled. For someone as little and young as she was, she knew how to do makeup very well. "I look hot." Augustus says and Hazel giggles as she jumps up and down. "Uncle Auggie, I-I.." Hazel continued giggling because she was so happy that he liked how he looked. Red lipstick, pink glitter eyeshadow, blush on his cheeks and he had his hair pinned back with red bows and pink hair clips.

Hazel sits in front of Augustus and she giggles. "My turn." She says and Augustus grabs a brush. "We're gonna start with the hair." Augustus says and he starts brushing her damp hair.

Augustus concentrates as he brushes her hair, he smiles as he watches her close her with a small smile. He was very gentle with the brushing, the tugging of the small knots and partings. Ten minutes later, Augustus smiles as he looks at this work and he takes his phone out. He held it up and he smiled ear to ear. "Okay, open your eyes and I want you to look into the mirror." He says and Hazel opens her eyes then she picks up the hand mirror.

The little girl gasps as she looks at Augustus and he records her reaction. She had her hair in a neat bun but he parted her hair to wear she had had a side bang swoop with a pink bow at her bun. Hazel only wore her hair in two buns, a couple of braids, with bows in her hair or an afro but never this style. "Uncle Auggie, I love it." Hazel says as she begins to cry. Augustus' heart warmed, he chuckled as he stopped recording and he hugged her. "Why are you crying?" Augustus questions and Hazel wipes her face gently. "I look so pretty." She sniffled and Augustus rubbed her back as he hugged her. "Heyyy, you're a gorgeous little girl, you're so beautiful. You know that right?" Augustus questioned her at the end and Hazel didn't answer because nowadays she was unsure.

Hazel was gorgeous in everyone's eyes but kids were cruel nowadays. Hazel had huge eyes, moles, freckles, elf ears and a slight gap in her two front teeth. She got teased a lot in her class or a lot of the big kids at her school would laugh or taunt at her. "You're gorgeous Hazel, you're the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen. I promise." Augustus tells her and Hazel nodded as she hugs Augustus. He holds her as she hugs him.

Augustus suddenly got a fun idea and it was a great way to kill time while Salma was away. "How about we get dressed and ride around New York?" Augustus questioned and Hazel pulled away a little, she nodded with a small smile as she holds onto him. Augustus gets up and he carries her to his room. He sits her on the bed, he goes into his closet and he comes out with all his shades that he owned. "It's a beautiful day, we're going to go cruising in my convertible." Augustus says and he sits the shades on his bed. "Pick which one you would like to wear." Augustus tells her and Hazel looks at the selection. She picks the round shade glasses that looked like hippie glasses. Augustus picked his Ray-Bans that he always wore.