Queen [0013]

Why did she come back? It was a rhetorical question really because she knew the answer, but still, she silently asked herself over and over again

Why did she come back? It was a rhetorical question really because she knew the answer, but still, she silently asked herself over and over again. Why had she came back to the one place where her hopes and dreams were smashed to the ground. Where her heart broke into millions of pieces. Why did she give in so quickly and willingly came back to the mansion where pretty much everything started and where it ended? Why couldn't she just give him a simple answer, 'yes they're your children and now they don't want anything to do with you.' Something like that? But Claire knew that she wasn't that type of person, even when she wanted to be she couldn't. She wouldn't scoop that low even if he, Niklaus Mikaelson, deserved it.

As Claire and Alaric sat down in the living room -- it was cleaned right after Niklaus and his brothers went out, thanks to Freya and her magic -- the Mikaelson clan were staring at Niklaus and then at Claire. Obviously there was a heavy tension in the room, they all feared that the tinest movement would cause World War Three between the two old lovers. Everyone knew that putting them both in the same room wasn't a good idea, espeically that Niklaus was in one of his moods. "Explain," Niklaus commanded which earned him a heated glare from Alaric and mutiles of groans from the room.

Claire clicked her tongue at him in distaste, "that's rich coming from you." Niklaus tightened his fist and held back a screams. He knew what she meant. Of course he knew, but right now it wasn't that time for that. "Claire," he warned.

There were many things Claire wanted to say and do to the Original Hybrid, mainly she wanted to tear him limb by limb, but she had to hold herself back. She couldn't afford to create any sort of problems with them right now, especially now that Claire, Alaric, and Caroline are looking for a way to stop the merge from happening. She needed to keep her head cool, her babies needed her as much as she needed them. "There isn't much to say. Theo and Lottie are your children."

The air is so brittle it could snap, and if it doesn't, Niklaus might. No-one speaks, what is there to say? Claire's confirmation was something they weren't expecting. There weren't words that can express how they're all feeling right about now. There was no sound in the house, yet everyone kept their eyes moving between Niklaus and Claire, not talking. Niklaus walked back and forth by the fireplace, casually glancing between Claire, Hope, and Hayley.

Suddenly, Claire gets up from her spot and idly walks around the couch and looks around. Her mind replying all of the memories she had here with them and everyone else. All the laughters, the talks, the screams, fights, and tears were rushing through her mind in a rapid speed, causing her feel dizzy. She stands in the middle, in between her were Hope and Hayley and behind them was Niklaus. She looks at them-- they were the reason why she was a vampire. It was Niklaus who got her pregnant, it was Hayley who slept with her fiancee, and it Hope who had made Claire decide to never seek out Niklaus ever again.

As Claire stood there looking at him and his daughter, Niklaus could see the hurt, sadness, the pain in her beautiful crystal blue eyes. He never meant to hurt her. He never meant for her to go went something so important and scary, but she had and it felt guilty and ashamed. "Why didn't you say anything?" Niklaus whispered, his voice was low yet it was loud enough for everyone to hear it. His voice was filled with sadness, betrayal, and slightly anger.