chapter 8

over 700 reads?!? This is crazy you guys! Thank you so much(:

Anastasia's POV:

After a few hours of short errands that consisted of grocery shopping, visiting my office, and stopping by the bank , it was 8 o'clock and my legs were exhausted. I sat down on the couch and scrolled through my phone.

As a 24 year old, several of my friends were in serious relationships, getting married, or having children. Most of my friends were a bit older but it still sucked that here I am in my apartment, single and not doing anything, with anyone, while most of my friends had their lives all planned out.

Ding. A message popped up.

Unknown: Hey love, I wanted to check on you. Make sure the rest of your day is well xx.

Who is this? Probably Harry.

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: Daddy (;

Yeah, I guessed it.

Me: Oh, hello Harry. The rest of my day went well, thank you. How about you?

Harry: Meetings. What are you doing tomorrow, babe?

Babe. Although, I have heard it is normal for British people to call people babe, it still made my stomach flutter.

Me: Working, the usual.

Harry: I'll come by around noonish to go over some of the plans. Goodnight Anastasia xx.

Me: Night, Harry.

I plugged my phone into the charger and changed into some pajamas.

Laying into my covers, I fell asleep quickly.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"On his desk?" Layla gasped, while giggling.

"Yes." I rolled my eyes, "But, you can't tell anyone."

"Of course not! But oh my god, Ana! This is amazing you actually have a sex life we can talk about." She stated enthusiastically.

"Yeah... but I'm supposed to have dinner with his parents tomorrow! I barely know the guy." I say nervously.

Layla shrugged, "Don't worry about it hun, they'll love you." She giggled.

A few minutes later, I returned back to my desk and began looking over the final plans for the project.

"Knock, knock. Delivery for Miss. Carter." Jason said. He was the mail guy and very friendly.

"Hey Jason, just set the mail on my desk." I grinned and he nodded. Walking back to his cart, I looked back down to my paper work and once I was able to look up again, a few dozen roses sat in a huge vase with a small note on the side.

"Wow." I whisper, getting up and admiring the flowers.

Picking up the card, I see a 'Miss. Carter' and open it up. The message reads:

Anastasia, sorry I could not come by today. My employes don't seem to be able to do their job. I hope the roses will make up for the inconvenience. Dinner? 7pm sharp. I'll pick you up.

Harry Styles .xx

My eyes bulged out as I read the sweet message. Blushing widely, I tucked the note away and placed the flowers on one of my side desks. Walking back to my computer, I finish up my plans.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"So I assume you received the flowers?" Harry smiled as I sat in his passenger seat. Apparently, he was taking us to a four star french restaurant that had the best bread and muscles.

"Yes, I did. Thank you very much." I smiled softly.

"Good. I really am sorry. Some people don't know how to do their fucking job." He glared at the highway.

Giggling, he turned to me and smiled sweetly, "You didn't lose your temper, did you?"

"Just a bit, I only fired like 8 people." He said nonchalantly.

Turning to him wide eyed, he let out a deep chuckle, "I'm kidding Anastasia. It's a joke, love."

His laugh was so contagious. I laughed along and enjoyed his company in the car. Everything about him screamed dangerous, but in moments like these, all I wanted to do was stare at his handsome face and listen to him laugh and speak.

"What are you looking at?" Harry grinned.

Shrugging I said, "Nothing, you just make me so happy."

Freezing, his face turned emotionless and he kept his eyes on the road. Frowning, I spoke, "Harry? Did I-"

"I'm no good for you Anastasia. I shouldn't be making you happy." He answered.

Oh Harry.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

hey! sorry a bit late update... but i'll update early if you guys vote and comment a lot!!

let me know right... here! what you think so far and what you want to see more of!

love you all lots!!!

-Ash<3

vote&comment

•~•~•~•