3

"He's hopped up on drugs and words are just slipping out of his mouth. Yes that had to be it."

"Poe!" I run forward and fall to my knees beside him

"Poe!" I run forward and fall to my knees beside him. He had fallen face first and it didn't look like he was necessarily breathing. Jessika notices my position and the situation and she runs back towards us.

"Stand back!" She's pulling out her blaster and aiming it at me. This causes me the stumble onto my arms and the sand behind me. "Don't touch him."

Jessika kneels down to Poe's level and checks for his pulse. Once she finds it she visibly relaxes just a bit. Her eyes look up towards me. "I thought he said you helped him? If you helped him why did this happen?"

"I didn't necessarily mean medical," I reply.

"Just get on the ship," Jessika picks up Poe and slings him over her shoulder before standing and walking back towards the ship. I was quick to follow.

I strapped myself into a seat and Jessika straps Poe in across from me. She gives me a look of warning before turning on her heel towards the cockpit. I hear the ship start up and soon enough we were lifting off the ground and into the night sky.

For some reason I find it weird that Jessika would think I could hurt Poe. Surely she doesn't know about my storm trooper past, but I guess I wouldn't trust myself in this situation either.

------

Not to long after we take off from the sandy planet of Jakku the cruiser levels put and reaches an even pace. This is when Jessika Pava emerges from the cockpit to the main seating area. She takes a seat on the other side from me, a few away from Poe.

After few seconds of silence and staring, the other girl decided to start the conversation which was inevitable. "So what's your story? How did you help Poe, if not medical?"

"That's kind of a long story." I say. I really didn't want to have another breakdown reciting my backstory.

"Well I'm not going anywhere." Jessika retaliates.

"Only if you promise to let me tell it all the way through, no interruptions."

"Okay," Jessika says.

I sigh, "I'm sure you know about the First Order."

Jessika nods. "Obviously."

"Well, they are constantly recruiting for their storm trooper program, anyone between the ages of five and twelve, any younger and it's just babysitting, any older and they know how to think for themselves. I was one of these recruited children, taken from my family, really just my younger sister, at eleven. I trained with them for twelve years, until i finally defected.