Chapter 28: Soul Fragment And Hidden Prisoner

"The Azure Dragon. . .The Azure Dragon?! The mythological and legendary creature from the beginning of time?!" Lanying shouted in shock. "Was this the reason why the Black Tortoise Sect kept me from knowing that I was the vessel of the Azure Dragon?"

"You are not a vessel," Lingling corrects, "You are the human guardian of the Azure Dragon. Your soul has been scattered to the other continents in this world, and this form of the mythical creature is one out of many soul fragments kept safely here in the Blue Rose. The reason why this one is here. . .is for you to find out."

The translucent Azure Dragon slithered towards Lanying slowly, giving off it's blue shade even more deeper the more it went close to the girl. Its blue eyes stared into the depths of her eyes, as if looking deep into her core.

Lanying slightly shook. Then reached a hand to touch the snout of the beast gently. She felt her qi merging with its own, as if the qi had truly found its way home. Her eyes closed within the flow of mixed powers.

. . .

Chains bound limbs from arms to legs, pillar from pillar, and the power that sleeps within this creature whose appearance is hidden in the shadows.

At last you've come.

Echoing footsteps gathered one by one, vibrating its sounds through the solid room as it gains clarity and volume through every step towards the being hidden in the shadows.

The being who was stepping into the darkness, was filled with warm, luminous light emitting from them when they approached the creature.

At that very moment, the creature in the darkness breathed a sigh, a sigh of relief and tiredness. They can finally be free from their chains suppressing a chaotic force inside them.

"You've waited long, Golden Dragon."

The warm, luminous light tinted in a cooler color of blue reached the chained dragon's snout gently, transferring the warmth to snuff out the chaotic force looming inside them.

Ching!

The chains accelerated their durability, rusting in the process and broke apart after the force was completely destroyed. The golden creature laid on the floor moving their claws and tail, and their shining, radiant wings.

"My Lord. . .you saved me."

"Jinlong, I'm sorry for not having to come here sooner. From now on, I will go find my other soul fragments in order to put an end to the Black Tortoise Sect's Leader once and for all."

A second pair of footsteps paced into the room, echoing louder as the being ran towards them hastily. A pair of silver eyes and translucent silver wings emitted from them, prompting the Golden Dragon turn their head to the new visitor in a trance.

"Hey there, Jinlong. How's it like being cooped up in here for so long?"

The Golden Dragon snorts, their golden, radiant scales coming off and disappearing as they transformed into their human form. A pair of golden eyes shone with lustrous charm and shining golden nails beautified on their hands slid down on their face slowly, and a tempting smile that caused the humanized Silver Dragon to almost lose their resistance.

"Aye, it makes you become an old and frail creature you know? I can't move my body like I wanted to anymore! Oof, Yin Long please help your husband with his frail body. . ."

"Which part of you is even frail?!" Yin Long yelled, his darting silver eyes glared at the human Golden Dragon in front of him.