Theon Greyjoy X Baratheon!Reader - My Oh My

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'My Oh My' by Camila Cabello Ft. DaBaby. The reader is the daughter of Stannis Baratheon. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had already been in Winterfell for three days before you'd even set eyes on Theon Greyjoy. Your father had insisted you stay at his side for the entire trip, far too protective to allow you to wander the grounds on your own. It had taken a lot of persuasion on your part to even be allowed to meet the Stark children, even though your father had known theirs since they were children themselves. But eventually, you'd convinced him to allow you that little bit of freedom. 

The Stark's had been welcoming. Of course they had. They'd shown you every corner of the grounds between them. Robb had been happy to show you the Great hall and the rest of the inside spaces. Arya had dragged you over to the Training Yard with the excitement of a new puppy. Sansa had shown you around the God's Woods and the gardens. And you'd had to turn down Bran's offer to show you the view from the top of the castle. 

During your time together, you'd become quite fond of the family, lingering with them throughout the next few days. But then someone else had caught your attention. It seemed that Lord Stark's Ward was often busy. He spent much of his time going from pillar to post, fetching things and running errands. And when he got a moments peace, he was with Robb. 

It seemed that you had caught his attention to. The smile he fixed you with when he'd found you watching Robb and Jon sparring in the Training Yard was heart stopping. It had taken you a moment to force your smile back onto your face and to regulate your breathing. You'd heard whisperings of his flirting from your chambermaid since you'd come to Winterfell. "He'd make even the highest born woman swoon," she's uttered as she'd run the brush through your hair, sending you a sweet smile. 

At first, you hadn't believed her. Rumours were something that you'd become accustomed to ignoring. But now that you'd seen him, you couldn't stop your cheeks from heating up. 

A smirk pulled at his lips as he made his way across the training yard, remaining silent as he leant against a fence post beside you. "I wondered when I would finally get a chance to meet you, My Lady," he uttered, sending you a breathtaking smile. 

A giggle slipped through your lips, and your cheeks flushed red again. Gods, you were a mess; giggling like a little girl flirting with her childhood crush. But his smile only grew as your mouth opened and closed, searching for words.

"Do you have a name?" he teased, his tongue darting out to wet his lips as he bit back a laugh of his own.

"Y/N," you started, the word tumbling out of your mouth before you could slow yourself. "My name's Y/N," you repeated, coughing slightly as you attempted to soften your voice back to it's usual pitch.

"A pretty name for a pretty girl," he murmured, and you pulled in a shaky breath. 

You glanced up at him, your teeth digging into your bottom lip as you admired his face. He really was handsome, and if the rumours were anything to go by, he was a real sweet talker. "Pretty?" you uttered softly, releasing your lip as you regained your composure. "Is that what I am?" you added, tilting your head to the side as you allowed a smirk of your own to play on your lips. 

Theon looked a little taken aback by your sudden change in character. He'd heard rumours of you too. A good girl with a sweet nature. And you'd almost convinced him that the rumours were true, until now. "Breathtaking," he started, his smile returning as he leant a little closer to you. "Is that a better choice of words?"

You nodded slightly and took a deep breath. "Much better," you murmured, giving him your sweetest smile before shifting away from him and making a swift exit from the training yard. Sure, Theon was a flirt, but he was also used to getting his own way with women. You wanted to deny him what he was so used to being handed on a plate, giving him something to chase after.

*Time Skip*

Theon had been watching you after that day, whenever he got the chance. During dinner time in the Great Hall, or when you were roaming the gardens with Sansa. You had quite enjoyed the feeling of being observed. It made you feel beautiful and wanted, something you weren't used to when you were living at Dragonstone. And you'd taken to attempting to catch him in the act. He always got all flustered when your eyes would meet his; his cheeks would flush and he'd act as though he was looking at anything but you. But soon enough you'd feel his eyes on you again.

It was you who had approached him the next time you'd spoken. You'd slipped onto a bench beside him in the dining hall, sending him a sweet smile as he stared at you in disbelief. 

"Morning," you'd started, all sweet and bubbly as you stole a slice of toast from his plate. "What are your plans for the day?"

Theon had looked a little confused as he searched for words. "Lord Stark will have a list for me," he murmured, watching as you shook your head. 

"Not today. I convinced my father that I would need accompaniment to go on a ride. I suggested that as the best archer you would make the best companion," you uttered, giving him your sweetest smile. "He asked Lord Stark to make an exception for the day."

His brow furrowed as he watched you. "You asked for me?"

"Are you saying you don't want to come? Because I'm sure Robb would be happy to take me."

Theon's eyes widened as he shook his head. "No. I mean, Yes. I want to come."

"Wonderful. You'd better eat quickly. We have to leave soon if we want to see everything Winterfell has to offer."

With that, you were on your feet again, headed for the door of the Great Hall. You glanced back as you reached the exit, sending him the most excited smile you could muster and watching as a smile of his own appeared on his lips.

*Time Skip*

You'd been riding for almost an hour when Theon had finally decided to question you. You'd taken to flirting with him so easily that he'd lost his own natural ability for it, and now he was utterly confused.

"What are you doing?" he uttered, drawing your eyes over to him as you slowed your horse to ride alongside him with minimal effort.

You hummed slightly, brow furrowing as you watched him. "What do you mean?"

Theon released a sigh. "I mean messing with me. You've completely destroyed my ability to flirt with you."

A chuckle burst from you as you shook your head. "Believe me, that wasn't my intention," you teased, your tongue darting out to wet your bottom lip. "I didn't think it would be so easy to make you nervous."

"I'm not nervous," he started, pausing when he heard you scoff.

"Of course you aren't." There was a moment of silence as you continued to ride. "You shouldn't be, you know? There is nothing you could do or say that would stop me liking you."

A moment later, Theon's smirk was back full force. "You like me?"

"Don't be coy, it doesn't suit you," you uttered, rolling your eyes. "You seem like fun and you're handsome. What isn't there to like?" 

Theon pulled his horse to a stop, causing you to do the same a second later. As you glanced back to him, he was dismounting, watching you carefully as he approached your horse. You took his hand, allowing him to help you down. 

Gods, he was so close. His hand was holding yours, the other lingering on your arm to steady you. And his lips were so close that you could close the gap without even thinking about it.

"I would quite like to kiss you." The words caught you off guard slightly, knocking the air out of your lungs as you attempted to find something to say. 

"I'd be upset if you didn't." Where had that even come from? How had your brain managed to remain so smooth when it was still reeling at his comment? 

And then Theon had his lips pressed to yours in a searing kiss. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x