chapter eighteen.

ALLISON WOKE UP GROGGILY ONCE THE SUN HIT HER STRAIGHT IN THE EYES AND SHE GROANED, TRYING TO MOVE AWAY, BUT IT SEEMED LIKE SHE WAS STUCK. The woman looked up to what was holding her in place or more who. Daryl had a concentrated look on his face as he had his arm wrapped around Allison tightly.

She sighed loudly, hoping he would wake up so she could get up and go back to her cell before anyone see's them together and gets the wrong idea. Weirdly though, Allison felt safe in his arms, and for a second she forgot the world was ending and she forgot what happened in the past couple days because she was with him. Being so close to him, she could feel his breath on her face. She liked it.

It didn't last long when Daryl woke up slowly, unwrapping his arm quickly from under Allison's head and she got up as well, giving him a small smile as he just gathered his weapons and put his crossbow around his chest and sniffled. "Here." He grunted, giving Allison her jacket that was on the ground.

"Thanks." Allison said quietly, as people were still asleep. He grunted in response and walked out, getting started for the day.

As Allison proceeded to walk back to her cell, Beth came out of hers, yawned and stretching. "Why'd ya sleep up there?" She asked her older sister once she realized that she wasn't in their cell.

"Oh, uh... couldn't sleep. Didn't wanna wake you with all my tossin' and turnin'." She told her, a slight southern tone in her voice.

"Doesn't Daryl sleep up there?" Beth asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah." Allison scratched at her head, a nervous habit she picked up over the years.

Beth wiggled her eyebrows and have the girl a knowing look.

"Shut up."

-

A couple hours later and Hershel woke up, feeling ready to walk with the crutches.

"Don't push yourself, daddy." Beth told her father, who just nodded and started to get up, Allison and Lori helping as well as Carl and Beth.

He got up completely and started to get a feel for the crutches.

"You wanna rest?" Lori asked, feeling a little worried for the man.

"Rest? Let's go for a little stroll." He smiled slightly and the four helped him.

They made their way outside where everyone else was, still tidying up the prison to make it a little more liveable.

"Ready to race, Hershel?" Carl asked jokingly, looking at him with a smile.

"Give me another day." Hershel said, looking to the boy. "I'll take you on." The four chuckled at that, but it didn't last for long once Carl and Allison both turned around at the same time, seeing about a dozen walkers coming their way.

"Walkers!" Carl yelled as they came closer.

"Go back inside!" Allison yelled to her father and sister, as the two didn't have weapons. 

Everyone rushed to kill the walkers and shot them with their guns, which had attracted more. Allison threw her knives at every single one of them and went to retrieve them quickly, placing them back in their holster before she grabbed her machete and started to slice them instead.

Allison didn't see anyone around except for Lori and Carl. "Lori! Carl! In here!" She yelled and the two followed quickly.

As they ran in the tunnels, a loud alarm suddenly sounded. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Allison groaned, to no one in particular.

"Wait, wait." Carl told her, making the blonde stop and turn around, seeing Lori holding her stomach.

"What? What's wrong?"

"I think the baby's coming." Lori told her as Allison spotted walkers coming from every corner. She wrapped her arm around her waist and Carl led them into a small room that looked good enough to rest for a while.

"Okay..." Allison was panicking a bit. She didn't know what to do. Lori was going to have to give birth to this baby today and she didn't know what to do. "Lori. Lie down, rest."

"No. The baby's coming now." Lori panted, holding her stomach as her face scrunched up in pain.

"Shit." Allison paced, putting her long hair up with the hair tie that was around her wrist. "Here. Let's get your pants off."

Lori lied down on the floor as Allison helped her, trying to see if she was ten centimeters dilated or not. "I can't tell if you're dilated or not." She heaved, not being able to find air. "Lori, I can't do this."

Lori looked to her. "Yes, you can. I've seen the scars on your stomach, Allison, I know you know what to do."

"You gotta push." She told the woman and she nodded, grabbing onto one of the poles in the room as she tried her hardest to push and Allison placed her hand under, trying to feel for the baby.

She felt a warm liquid on her hand and she ordered Lori to stop. As the woman pulled her hand back, she saw blood dropping down. That couldn't be good.