15 - Mocha

"Yuna, stop reading." The mom like voice of Yeji soared within the car, it also resonated along the mellow jazzy instrumental track playing. She darted her puffy eyes over the young one through the rearview mirror, it didn't feign Yuna, not even the slightest bit.

Instead of putting the smartphone away, a giddy squealing shrieked and scrapped the dulcet instrumental music. "Shin Yuna?"

"The author updated after 84 years!" Yuna almost leaping in the backseat, moving like an earthworm that was sprinkled by lots of salt all over its body. Yuna was hyped up to get a notification of her favourite webtoon series which was a recent hobby to waste her time.

Yeji sighed for the nth time of the night, it was helpless. "You can just read when you get home, don't be stubborn."

At certain times, people call others by their first name, second name, last name. But, in some cases, they like to mix it altogether. It was normal. What wasn't normal was Yeji called out the young one with her own full name and it came out as if it was roared by thunders in the dark depths of gloomy sky.

"Okay, no need to shout, Yeji-ah." The blondé pouted.

Breathing out, the uptight flowing nerves on her muscles seared on the surface and made Yeji vexatious over things she didn't really mean to be upset about. The terrible or more like, a flabbergasting scene she saw with her own eyes caused a multiple stabs across her chest. It wasn't real pain, but it felt really sharp, so piercing that a million of needles furiously jabbed her little frangible heart.

She was hurt but she hardly tried not to be.

Maybe, things went that way, because they were meant to be happened. She shouldn't question that, even if felt like she had some disturbing thoughts circulating within her brain. Yeji and the overwhelming surge of feeling emerged, not wanting to submerge.

She didn't want to remember, however, the scene kept reeling off on her mind, she just hoped for it to stop, so the blues gushing in her veins would vanish. Though, it seemed to be quite infeasible. It wasn't just easy to simply forget the things that wounded our hearts. Sometimes, it left a mark, and it lingered forever, until people reminisced it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice. It's for your own good." Yeji looked through the tinted mirror, with sad eyes, sad mouth and a very sad heart.

The last hitch of Autumn season was evident.

The trees, leaves, and flowers were falling.

And so did Yeji's heart.

"Heather?" The soft and tiny voice spoke in silence, "I'm wondering why 'give her her book' is actually right, and 'give him him book' is wrong." Yuna waited for the British boy response but instead of getting an apparent answer, she was being confused by a question as well.

At the the driver seat, Heather slightly had a ridiculous snicker and eventually pulled back himself, realising the air was still not completely all right.

"I know it already. Thanks to Cambridge dictionary."

Silence was also a conversation.

Yuna understood Yeji was in her worst red days, and so her lips were locked and let it faltered from making any nuisance. Then, the Jeep Grand Cherokee was maneuvered to the left side of the lane, at the facade of a girls' dormitory. The young one brought out her dorm pass, looking straight to the guard waiting for her late presence. Heather automatically unlocked the car doors, anticipating for the blond to hop off.

"All right," the thick British accent rose, and Yuna foolishly mocked it on her own way but miserably failed. "I guess, it's your bed time. Sleep tight and drink your milk, big baby."