Chapter Forty One

Harry was awoken by a small tapping on his shoulder, and when he blinked his eyes open he saw Draco standing at the side of his bed. His hair was sleep mussed, his two friends and blanket clutched under his left arm and his dummy lazily bobbing between his lips.

"Good morning Draco," Harry hummed and received a small grin.

"You okay?"

"Mhm. Wake up time." He wiggled a little bit and Harry sat up, pulling back the covers and hopping out.

"Let's get you changed, hm?" Draco nodded, quickly shuffling over and laying on his bed. Harry laughed and made quick work of getting Draco dry, waving his complex cleaning charm over the wet garment. Harry didn't trust the house elves, and thus was very adept at cleaning charms. He could go his entire life without using any cleaning product and still be the cleanest child in Hogwarts.

Once Draco was clean and dry, he sat up and Harry made quick work of getting him dressed and brushing his hair. Harry quickly did the same for himself while Draco played, the once forgotten rings jingling in his pocket.

"When can I see daddy again?" Draco piped up, and Harry turned to him, "I'm not sure dear, I'll talk to professor Snape and see, okay?"

Draco nodded happily and Harry made quick work of tucking his shirt in. Neither were in uniform, but Harry still wanted to be presentable. Draco was wearing black trousers and a green silk shirt, white Harry was wearing grey patterned trousers and a white shirt. He debated about a waistcoat and eventually decided to go with it, leaving the suit jacket off.

Harry decided they were both presentable and slipped their shoes on, before walking Draco into the bathroom to brush his teeth. Draco left his little belongings tucked up on Harry's bed, and the two made way for the great hall.

Harry took strides with Draco skipping alongside him, and soon they were sitting down to eat with variations of fruit on their plates. Draco was more unsophisticated than his taller friend, but Harry thought it cute anyway.

Once they were finished and Draco was cleaned, Harry made his way towards his head of house, Draco following behind.

"Sir, may we have a chat?"

"Of cours, mister Evans. I have just finished my breakfast, would you prefer to talk in my office?"

"That would be preferable, professor."

And so, the three were soon in Severus' office. Draco was mostly zoned out after Severus had mentioned he would contact the Malfoys, fiddling with a handkerchief.

Now that that was done, Harry was readying to leave.

"Mister Evans, may I have a word?"

"Yes, Sir?"

"You mentioned Tom yesterday, on a tense that meant you have contact with him, and what you insinuated makes me believe it was not a child from your home town."

Harry tensed, "Well, I may have slipped up. Yes, I have contact with the Tom we both know. It is nothing bad, and I do not wish to discuss it further.

"Harry," the professors voice was hard, "he is a dangerous man, and not one to be messed with. Whatever you have gotten yourself into, you need to get out of. I don't want you getting hurt."

Harry smiled at the concern, "Don't worry Sir, all is well and I am safe. Now," he redirected his attention to Draco, "let's go back to our dorm, shall we?"

Draco readily nodded, "Let's go! Mr. Teddy and Straw are gonna be lonely."

"I will have contacted your parents by this afternoon, I will run by with the dates after dinner. Good day children."

Harry nodded his acceptance, and soon the two were on their way.

-----
The ending seems kinda awkward?? Anyway, in the next chapter Draco gets cuddly and Harry tries to work out who his honourary godbrother would be.

Also sorry my update schedule is all off. I promise yall will get at least one chapter every weekend.