Chapter Thirty Four- True Powers

Oh, you want proof, is it? Alright, I'll give you proof!

They regrouped at quite possibly the place with the worst atmosphere in the entire city: Superstar Bowling Lanes

They all sat at a lane, no one spoke a word. Cass squirmed uncomfortably in the stiff, plastic chairs that were too small for anyone but a child. Five was okay there.

"Look," Luther began solemnly, breaking the awkward silence but failing to make it any less awkward, "I hate to be the one to say this but everyone needs to prepare."

"For what?" Diego snapped, staring at Luther suspiciously. He wasn't the only one. Cass didn't like where Luther was going with this either.

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya." Luther answered which was met by a cacophony of groaning. Allison smacked him. Cass smiled at her.

"We may not have a choice, Allison." Luther said, turning to her and pleading. She refused to look at him.

"Bullshit." Diego corrected, "We always have options."

Cass nodded.

"Yeah, like what?" Five quipped.

Cass shook her head and rolled her eyes. Five stared at Diego expectantly, waiting for a plan, an answer, anything! Diego sat there, jogging his leg up and down until the silence was bordering on awkward and he had to give an answer. He shrugged.

"I don't know."

Five waved a hand out and nodded as if to say 'there you go. I was right'.

"Look," Luther interjected and Cass prepared herself to completely disregard his opinion, "Whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya."

Actually, that Cass could agree on.

"He's right," She sighed, begrudgingly agreeing. Diego looked at her like she'd gone mad, "We do need to find Vanya. She's our sister, she's our highest priority. We need to get on this."

"Urm," Klaus spoke up, "I think I've done it."

He lay the newspaper open on the bench in between them all. They peered over his shoulder at the newspaper. In the centre of the page was an ad for a concert. Vanya's smiling face beamed up at them, poised with her violin.

"Oh yeah..." Diego sighed, "Her concert's tonight."

Cass placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked at her and she smiled flatly.

"Hello," an extremely bubbly voice called from behind them. They turned around to be faced with a grinning woman wearing staff uniform. She was smiling but did not look happy with them, "I hate to intrude but my manager says if you're not going to bowl, you gotta leave."

"Who's turn is it?" Diego asked annoyed as he slumped back down into his seat.

"For the love of-" Luther cursed, snatching up the heaviest bowling ball and lifting it above his head like it was nothing.