x. Mia's Mind

ten mia's mind

       THE WORLD IS CAVING IN, as Mia's sent to St. Mungo's through the Floo Network. She doesn't know if this is the norm, if students are allowed to high-tail it out of school if their family member's in hospital, or if this is because her mum's accident is Order-based, but she's glad she can leave. Her heart's beating faster than it ever has. When Cedric died, when her dad escaped prison — she wasn't this scared. Because her mum... Her mum's different. Mia wouldn't be Mia without her mum. And the idea of her passing away...

       She can't deal with it. She knows one day, sure, her mum would die of old age — but not now. Mia expected she'd be older, mature enough to handle her own emotions. But this is happening now. And Mia doesn't know how to cope.

       She remembers when she was little, when her mum told her why they have the same name. "Well, Mummy was on a lot of medicine... But, I thought that it was really strange that loads of men name their sons after themselves, but women don't! So we named you Emilia." When Mia was a little older (eleven, before she got to school) and learned more about the Salvatores, Mia understood it. Why wouldn't Emilia honour herself like that? She was abandoned by her parents, raised by an abusive psychopath, and if it wasn't for her magic, she would've been forced into becoming a Death Eater! She went through so much... Mia's so proud of her mum, to overcome all of that. Especially since her husband then went to prison and she was alone again. Mia couldn't manage all of that.

       No! I should think like that, she thinks to herself, as she waits at the reception desk in St. Mungos. Apparently Ministry officials (a loose disguise for Order members) are going to take her up to see her mum. If I think, 'Mum went through a lot of shit, and so can I,' then I can get through this...

       Mr Weasley walks into the waiting area. He says hi, and Mia feels awkward, suddenly realising that she's gonna have to share this time with her mum, with random people in the Order. She wonders what her dad's doing. There's no way they'd be able to sneak him in here... She can't help but feel bad for him.