Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Marissa’s POV

I woke up in the morning with a frown on my face. I guess my fight was over, I lost and this is what I have to face now. I rolled out of bed and di the usual routine. Two years… it just kept repeating in my mind. I would have to spend two years there. And I know it will change my life. I knew if I went there and stayed there then I wouldn’t come back to same Marissa. I’ve already started guarding my emotions and they will soon be gone to the world.

I slipped on a pair of black jeans and a grey sweater. I brushed my straight black hair down my back and looked at myself in the mirror. I was going to stay strong. I wasn’t the type of girl to give up and give my opponent all the satisfaction. I was going to leave here with my dignity.

I grabbed my bag and closed my room door behind me, probably for the last time in two years. I walked down the stairs and everyone went quiet as I came down. My mom, my brother, Kyle and Sean were all sitting at the kitchen table. I couldn’t help but see that Zane was missing from the bunch.

I had two hours before I had to leave for the airport, I wonder if he’s going to make an appearance or just let me leave. When I leave today my heart leaves too. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to let him in again, but I guess we had our chance at happiness once and I didn’t exactly go as planned.

“Oh my baby girl” my mom rushed towards me with tears parking into her eyes. I hugged her tightly and buried my head in her shoulder.  “I'm so sorry you have to go through this” She sobbed.

“It’s ok mom” I tried to assure her and myself at the same time but couldn’t even believe myself.

“No it’s not, we’re all going to miss you so much” She pulled away from me and looked into my eyes.

“Well you guys know you can come and visit when you want. My heart will never be closed to family” I said, and that really said a lot if anyone was able to read between the lines. I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I turned my head slowly to see Zane coming down. I  guess he heard when I finally came out of my room.

I simply stared at him though, I didn’t say anything nor did I show any sign of emotion on my face. He kept walking though; he walked towards me and stopped when he was finally in front of me. “Was there something you needed?” I asked with a monotone voice.

“Yea actually there is. I want my mate” He took another step towards me but I took one back.

“It’s too late for that” I couldn’t help it as my voice broke slightly thought. This whole thing with Zane was just getting to be too much. I tried to handle it but I just don’t know what to do anymore.

“No Marissa don’t say that, It’s not too late. It’s only two years” He tried again.

“Zane if you really wanted me then you wouldn’t let me leave like this. But you’re the reason I'm leaving instead. And only two years? Well I guess we’ll see in two years how much two years can really affect us” I said angrily.

I was done being so calm about it. “Just forget it Zane, be with whoever you want! Go be with Cassidy for all I care. I know now that I cannot compete with them and that’s fine. I give up”

“No please don’t do this Marissa I love you, I'm sorry for what I put you through but I can’t lose you.” He pleaded again.

“I'm sorry but it’s too late now Zane. There’s nothing more to do about it, whether you regret your decision or not it’s too late to take it back” I said softly. I stared at him sadly. I guess this was the end. After all those months or trying to get along and staying sain, all those months of me hoping he would come to accept me. Well It finally happened but it was just too late.  “Goodbye Zane” I whispered as I walked out of the kitchen. I didn’t look back, but tears were falling from my eyes.