CHAPTER 11

1 K reads! Thank you so much guys. You are amazing. ❤❤❤

- - -

Six years ago: Flashbacks

'Hey, did you answer question number 3? My answer turned out wrong!' Nessa, my roommate groaned.

I whipped my head up hearing her voice. I was hastily checking my phone, just as I exited the exam hall, for any messages I might have got from Caden. I was in hurry in the morning and couldn't get to check.

My lips curved up reading Caden's multiple messages. He somehow always managed to make my day, no matter wherever he was.

He was in Sweden for a business meeting. I did not see him for almost four days. I missed him.

'I'm not sure. I didn't get to check with any one else. But don't worry. I'm sure you'll get a good grade. You always do.'

'Well, I'm not so sure, I'll get it this time.' Nessa said frustrated. 'How do you manage to get As all the time? Gosh, you're such a nerd.' She teased.

I laughed. She was one of the few talented people I knew who managed to pull off a decent result, no matter how little she studied which unfortunately never happened to me.

'Shut it Einstein. You could get more than an A if you didn't attend that party last night.' I teased back.

'Yeah-' She trailed off guiltily but then became animated. 'I really wish, you were there, Sia. It was wild. The guys were so hot. You're badly in need of a boyfriend. You aren't planning on becoming a nun now, are you?'

'Uh. No. Of course not.' I avoided her eyes. Now it was my turn to feel guilty. It was my idea to keep my relationship with Caden a secret to his obvious displeasure. He was not happy with my decision but relented in the end albeit grudgingly.

'Anyway, I'm going to go sleep. Are you coming?'

'No. I need to do laundry.' I moaned, frustrated. I hated doing laundry, specially on an exam day.

She laughed. 'I'm off then. See ya.' She waved at me and left.

I started walking towards the parking lot to get my old truck and stopped dead seeing a very familiar blue sports car. He rolled down his window upon seeing me and winked, his eyes twinkling.

'Caden!' I grasped, surprised. 'Aren't you supposed to be in Sweden? What are you doing here?'

He got out of his car. 'I came back early and thought of seeing you. I'm coming straight from the airport.' He ran his fingers through his disheveled hair, making it more messy but good in a Caden way. He looked tired but handsome nevertheless in his slightly wrinkled expensive suit.

He came closer and pulled me in a hug, inhaling my scent, murmured close to my left ear. 'I missed you.' I could feel he was smiling.

I melted in him.

In these sort of moments, I always thought I was dreaming, finding it hard to believe that he was mine and he loved me.

'How was your exam? Oh, don't answer that. I know, it was fine.' He pulled back but still kept his arms around me, probing me with his eyes. 'Are you hungry?'

'Yeah, a little.' For the first time, I got aware of my surrounding. People were looking at us interestedly. I took a step back, getting out his arms. He frowned but let me.

'Caden, let's get inside your car.' I said, nervously. 'You also didn't eat anything, right? We could eat at your penthouse.' I pulled his hand but failed. He didn't budge.