Chapter 10

Kion walked back to the Tree of Life. The same routine over and over again. He sighed. But he knew other animals lives go through worse.

If only he knew.

Kion walked into the Tree of Life. What was in there surprised him.

"Makini?!"

"Yes! That's me, King Kion, the Royal Mjuzi. I actually was looking just looking for you!" A young Mandril spoke. She bowed. She was talking to royalty after all.

"Ack! Makini! Don't call me that! Just call me Kion," Kion immediately exclaimed but remembered something. "And please don't bow." He added. Makini then stood up and looked at him. 

"Righty o, Kion!" She smiled. There was silence for a while. 

"Uhh, Makini? Is there something you want to tell me?" Kion said, breaking the silence.

"Oh! Yes, right, that's just what I was going to say, but when I was coming here, do you know what happened? Well-"

"Makini!" Kion yelled, stopping her from talking. "What do you need to tell me?"

"Riiiiiight I"

"Makini! Just tell me!"

"Ok, ok. Well, this bird came to me and asked me for you." Makini said, finally getting to the point. 

"Here, I'll go get him," Makini says and walked out the entrance. She reappeared a few seconds with a small black and blue bird in her hands. The bird suddenly spoke, looking directly at Kion.

"Prince Kion, you are needed urgently at Pride Rock, but you need to come alone. Your father's orders"

Kion's gaze suddenly hardened.

Sorry! I know this chapter is short, but a short chapter is better than not a chapter at all right? Sorry again and thanks for reading my story! Thanks for 1.8k reads and all the new people who commented on my story! Sorry I can't mention you all! Thank you for your kind comments! I try to update very soon, I'm very busy.

-Meloetta867