chapter twenty.

THE WOMAN STOOD THERE WITH DRIED TEARS ON HER CHEEKS AS SHE HELD THE CRYING BABY IN HER ARMS. Daryl saw this and went towards her, looking for any sign of attention. Allison instantly gasped and then nodded her head. "I'm fine." She said before he even asked.

"Let me see her." Hershel told his daughter and she brought her towards him and he took her in his arms as Allison's shook. "She looks healthy."

"What are we gonna feed her?" Sophia asked Hershel and that was when Allison stepped up.

"I'll go into town." She told everyone before walking away from everyone.

"I'll go with her." Daryl told everyone before they nodded and Allison proceeded to go up to the car until he grabbed her arm gently.

The woman gasped lightly and turned to him, sighing in relief.

"I'm comin' with." He told her and she sniffed, wiping her nose.

"Okay."

-

The two reached the place that Allison was talking about and they got out from the car, walking inside with caution.

Daryl kicked the door open and waited for walkers to come around the corner, but oddly, none did and they took that as a sign to walk inside.

Allison's hands were shaking rapidly and she couldn't stop it, it was like something that was out of her control.

Daryl took notice of this and sighed deeply, looking at her with sad eyes. The woman was so broken from when he first met her, which was a little more than eight months ago.

She used to not show any sign of pain, not wanting anyone to think she was weak. She used to not talk to anyone, not wanting to get close. She's broken. Daryl thought to himself as he looked to her with squinted eyes.

"What?" Allison asked him once she realized he was looking at her.

"Are you alright?" Daryl asked her just above a whisper and for the first time, she shook her head slowly and looked to the floor.

He moved towards her hesitantly as she looked to him with sad eyes. Daryl did something that neither of them were expecting. He hugged her.

He pulled her towards him by her shoulders and gave her a tight, gentle hug as she just sighed into him, still shaking slightly.

Allison felt as if she could stay in his arms forever, but they still needed to look around. So she pulled away, even if she didn't want to.

Daryl cleared his throat and walked to the bathroom, checking to see if there was any medicine inside the drawers.

Allison found some clothes for lil ass-kicker and put them in the bag, chuckling slightly as she saw one that said, 'finally cracked my shell!'. She always wanted a baby. But when she finally had one, it died right in her arms.

Allison huffed, wiping her nose of any snot that was dripping and got up off the floor, a sound of a gun clicking making it's way to her ears.

"Drop your weapons, your bags. Leave." The person had a low growl to its voice. Allison set down her weapons and her bag carefully, going to turn around to meet their eyes.

The woman's hair was stuck to her dirt covered face as her hands shook immensely with the gun in her hands. She held it a little bit above her waist and that revealed to Allison that there had been no bullets in it.

The blonde smirked and looked to the gun and then the woman. The woman was confused, she had never seen someone look so amused as they were getting a gun pointed at them.

Daryl came up from behind her, slowly and silent, Allison not even looking towards him to give it away that he was there, but it didn't matter since she had no bullets in her gun anyways.

The blonde looked to her with a violent look in her eyes and knocked the gun from her hand, grabbing her knife from her pocket.

What Allison didn't know was that the woman also had a knife and she removed it from its sheath, slicing open her arm slightly.

Allison groaned in pain and threw the knife towards her, it hitting the stranger right in the chest. The blonde watched with wide eyes as she choked on her own blood as she fell to the floor, lifeless.

She walked over to the body and grabbed her knife, stabbing her in the head before wiping it on her jeans as she packed her bag back up. Daryl had been watching her the whole time, him noticing that her expression changed when she realized she was dead.

As she proceeded to walk passed Daryl to the other room, he gripped her arm, trying to search for anything in her eyes. Before he could say anything, she spoke.

"Let's go." She told him, not even looking his way as he obeyed, them moving out from the house.