Eight

Taehyung silently waited for Jimin to return. He'd been staying in the infirmary until their last class while the latter went back to their room to get their things.

He stretched his arms up, finally feeling a bit fine from having enough rest and taking the right medicine.

The brunet took his phone out, happy to see the messages from his friends. He smiled, reading their concerned messages until the last one.

His smile immediately vanished, realizing that nothing came from Jungkook.

That heartless idiot.

Taehyung sighed, putting back the phone inside his pocket, pouting in annoyance.

It was in this moment when the door opened and Taehyung excitedly pushed the curtain that's covering the bed where he's lying.

"Thank goodness your ba-...ck." His eyes widened, seeing the person he least expected.

"J-ungkook.." He whispered, quickly turning his gaze away.

"How are you feeling?" Jungkook asked, standing near the edge of the bed. He looked at the brunet for a long while before turning his attention on the opened window.

There's an awkward atmosphere between the two as both of them tried not to look each other in the eyes.

"I'm feeling okay, now." Taehyung muttered in a soft voice. His nervous hands fumbling through the sheets.

"That's good to know." Jungkook said, now looking at the ground, hands inside his pockets.

"Uh.. yeah." Taehyung replied, just for the sake of replying.

He could feel his heart doing somersault when he tried to peek under his lashes, seeing the ravenette also doing the same.

Their eyes landed on each other in a fleeting moment. Taehyung cleared his throat, cheeks turning beet red as he went back into looking at his hands.

"Let's go home." Jungkook said after a long while.

Taehyung didn't respond. He wanted to go home, but not with Jungkook.

Not when he's doing his best to stop his heart from beating like crazy.

"Uh.. I'll go with Jimin. He has my things." Taehyung mumbled, glancing at the ravenette with an apologetic smile.

"He was held up by Professor Do earlier. I don't think he'll be done soon." Jungkook informed.

He held his hand out, offering to the brunet whose eyes turned wide.

"Let's go home." Jungkook whispered, making Taehyung's heart pound harder.

He stared at those charcoal eyes, getting drowned by them as he nodded his head.

"O-okay."

Taehyung placed his shaking hands on Jungkook's palms. He bit his lower lip when the latter carefully held him, his hand feeling warm against Taehyung's own.

Nobody spoke as they went out, both hands still clasped together as they made their way down the hallway.

The brunet felt his cheeks grow hot in embarrassment, seeing other students look at their clasped hands.

He gazed at the ravenette who seemed to be unaffected as they finally went out of the university premises.

Through the whole way home, nobody spoke. They just silently sat together in the train until they reached home.

Jungkook dropped him off up to his front door. He turned it open, only to realize that it's locked.

"Mom!" Taehyung knocked, but the house seemed to be empty.

He crouched down, lifting the pot near the door to find the keys.

"You still leave your keys there?" Jungkook said, amused.

Taehyung blushed. "It's easier for me to remember where I put it." He defended, opening the door.

"Yeah right. Easier for the thief to find it as well." Jungkook muttered in sarcasm.

The brunet pouted, turning his gaze on the ravenette who also went inside his house.

"Uhm.. Why are you still here?" He asked, eyes following the ravenette as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Just checking whether a thief already entered your home." Jungkook said in a teasing voice.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, the heavy atmosphere suddenly vanishing.

"Whatever." He mumbled as he followed the ravenette.

He saw Jungkook read the sticky note in the fridge left by his mom.

"She said she's out to buy groceries." Jungkook informed, handing him the note.

"Why, thank you." Taehyung muttered in sarcasm.

Jungkook just shrugged his shoulders before looking at the securely covered food on the table.

"You better eat now and take a rest." Jungkook said, making his way out of the kitchen.

"I will." Taehyung replied, hesitating whether to invite the other or not.

"You could.. eat with me if you'd like." Taehyung offered, uncertain.

Jungkook turned to look at him. "I'd rather eat you.. than eat with you." He said, making the latter gasp.

"Wha-"

"Kidding." Jungkook added even before Taehyung could speak.

"I'm just joking, okay? Don't get flustered." Jungkook smiled, his usual friendly smile.

Taehyung gulped, feeling a bit.. disappointed?

"You shouldn't be joking like that." He said under his breath.

Jungkook nodded his head. "Okay. I won't. After all, I've finally realized that we shouldn't be crossing the line between friends."

The brunet bit his bottom lip, something in his heart screams in pain, but he decided to push it away.

"T-that's good." He agreed, forcing a smile. "We could finally forget about the k-kiss.." He added, laughing his words away.

The ravenette hummed. "Actually... I forgot about it already." He said, scratching the back of his head.

Taehyung gulped, turning his gaze away. "Yeah.. me too.." He mumbled.

"Then we're good, yeah?" Jungkook asked afterwards.

Taehyung blindly nodded his head. "Yeah. Never been better." He said, smiling at the ravenette.

"Okay."

"Okay."

Both of them said in unison which resulted to a strained laughter.

"I guess I'll be going now." Jungkook said, heading for the door.

"Yeah, sure." Taehyung answered, his gaze following the ravenette out.

As soon as the door closes, Taehyung felt his knees turn to jelly. He leaned on the counter, stomach churning once more.

In a rush, Taehyung headed for the sink, vomiting as his stomach suddenly feel painful.

His eyes watered, clutching the sink hard until his knuckles turn white.

Fuck.

------

Love you 💜