No Curse Could Stop Me: For eylulsenol1

For: eylulsenol1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16 years ago

*************

One night, many years ago, two children, both as pale as snow but one with snowy white hair and the other with firey red, were given life.

Twins, their parents thought as they watched their daughters sleep. But they forgot about the curse.

Months ago, when war was upon them, the snow was slowly falling peacefully to the ground. Children were out running and playing in the snow, occasionally going inside to warm up before returning to the fun. Women were lighting fires and cooking nice warm food. Men were just coming home, back from the long days of fighting for the holiday Snoggletog.

The night before Snoggletog, a man walked through the sleeping village, and lite nearly every house on fire before fleeing.

The chief of the village cried, the loss of his wife and child was too much to bare. "Curse you!" he yelled to the boat in the distance. "I place a curse upon your children! Destruction to everything, they will cause! One of..." he looked around, "snow! And the other of... fire!"

One of the Gods, Odin, heard his cries, for he had watched what just happened, and decided to place the chief's curse upon the other man's unborn children. The only way to brake the curse was if they found true love.

***************

5 Years later

***************

You and Stella, your twin sister, were playing in a field of snow. It was the middle of summer though. Stella was using her curse to make snow cover the ground as you used your fire to make a wall of fire around the field.

You two laughed as she shot snow in the air as you shot fire, both swirling around each other and exploding in the air, making the most wonderful scene.

You wished other people could see this beauty, but you knew you couldn't dare show a soul. Your parents were strict about using your powers. Especially your fire. Fire could burn nearly anything and would continue to grow, but Stella's snow would stop when she stopped.

No one was around as deep in the forest as you two were, so you both decided to play with your powers. You both thought they were wonderful and fun. They had made so many wonderful memories between Stella and you. And you knew they could make more.

"Stella, watch this," you laughed, running a good distance away before spreading your arms out to either side of you, a circle of fire spun around you.

Stella laughed and did the same thing but with snow.

"(Y/ N)! Stella!" you heard your mother call. "Stop that right now!"

You both stopped instantly, smiles and happiness gone. Busted, you thought.

"Come home now!" she demanded. You followed her home before y'all were sent to your rooms.

****************

Two years later (you're seven)

****************

"That's not fair!" you shouted at your father.

"Life isn't fair, (Y/ N), and you just have to deal with it," he said, sternly. "Here," he handed you and Stella gloves. "See if these help."